How About A Fenix One AA Single Mode Flashlight?

Bearcat

Enlightened
I really like the simplicity of my Fenix E01 and think that there should be something similarly constructed in a AA version. I've been thinking, it should have a run-time in sun mode of about six hours with somewhere around 45-50 lumens. Maybe a Q5 or something better. Oh, and with a long moon mode that won't leave you in the dark.:candle:

BTW, my E01 flashlights don't have any purple in the beam. Do you have to special order them to get them that way?:thinking:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the L1T pretty much has this covered, if you want one mode, set the head position and don't touch it. Use duct tape if neccessary. Press switch for light.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I've been thinking for some time that an AA version of the P1 CE (non-D version) could be a huge seller. Just a single-mode regulated 60-80 lumen twisty with the basic P1 body, ~$30. Then everyone asking for a light for a non-flashaholic or non-technical elder would have a perfect choice..

Bearcat

Enlightened
I think the L1T pretty much has this covered, if you want one mode, set the head position and don't touch it. Use duct tape if neccessary. Press switch for light.

Nope! The L1T has 98 lumens with only a 1.5 hours run-time. If the L1T's low was around 5 lumens and the high was around 45-50 lumens with around 6 hours run-time, I would be holding it in my hand right now.:sigh:

flashlife

Enlightened
Nope! The L1T has 98 lumens with only a 1.5 hours run-time. If the L1T's low was around 5 lumens and the high was around 45-50 lumens with around 6 hours run-time, I would be holding it in my hand right now.:sigh:

Perhaps, you could mod an L1T ?
Don't know whether the driver is accessable, but it might be as simple as changing a resistor value.

But probably if you doubled some R value to cut the lumens (and drive current?) in half, that would only double the run time to ~ 3 hr...not your 6 hr requirement.

Bearcat

Enlightened
I was thinking more in line with Fenix making one, not me doing a mod. The L1D CE with a Q5 runs 5 hrs at 53 lumens. So, 45-50 lumens is easily in the ballpark for a run-time of 6 hours. Besides, I suck at modding.:eek:

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Not sure about the single mode, but I'd love to see a simple TWO mode AA from Fenix again, using a more up to date emitter than the L1T. Mode change either by switch press or turning the head, I'm not fussed, just keep it really simple. Low mode around the level of an E01 (or maybe just a little higher), high mode in the same ball park as the most recent L1D (around 120 lumens on turbo IIRC). With a forward clickie please. And with the physical design of the L1D, not the LD10 ;).

Did you get that, Fenix engineers? :).

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you say Civictor????

If they upgraded it to a Q5, you might be able to get 5 -6 hours or so at 50-60 lumens from a lithium primary AA, I would think. Or not. I guess they'd have to tweak the circuitry.

nars42

Newly Enlightened
The current Q2 L1T is great, 98 lumens isn't that much dimmer than 120. Sure Q5 would give you a little bit more run time but it's not like the current L1T Q2 is out of date.

I think one mode flashlight should be task lights, in the 5-10 lumen range, since anything much brighter would be too bright for any up close tasks. But, Fenix did make the E20 so they might make a E10 that would probably come close to satisfying your wishes.

Bearcat

Enlightened
NiteCore D10. Set it at about 50 lumens and it will stay there just like a single mode light.

Yeah, nice light, but I don't need a Ferrari with governor on it. I just want a simple twist on, twist off light that cost somewhere between $20 - $25 that has around 45 lumens with about a 6 hour run-time.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Yep, i'm also a big fan of the old (Fenix) Civictor V1.

Very compact.

Very reliable.

Install a modern emitter, and then adjust (dial-down)

the brightness to about the level of the original.

Oughta' last 5 hours that way,

even on a plain ol' Alkaline cell.

Hey Fenix, are you listening ? ? ?

:popcorn:
_

carrot

Flashaholic
I keep asking 4sevens for one of these. I want basically an L1P, but with a Cree and longer runtime. That would make me pretty happy. Oh, and a pocket clip, please.

Bearcat

Enlightened
Isn't the Civictor V1 body trimmer and smaller than the L1P's body?

While we are wishing, let's have some flat regulation also.

It seems like all single mode AA lights are set on HIGH with very short run-times, but I'm looking for a medium brightness (40-50 lumens).

On my last fishing and camping trip, I used my E01 and it was enough light to get by with for a keychain light, but I found myself wanting a little bit brighter light that I could stuff into my coat pocket.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of those holy grail lights, everybody's been asking for this light forever. Hopefully fenix will listen some day.
I got a pretty nice single mode AA light recently from a website called golden gadgets. The light is called the cj 1W. I highly recommend it. 50 lumens, 3 hour battery life(havent tested it for sure) and pretty solid build for 5 bucks.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
40 to 50 lumens, single stage twist, good runtime and how about a less throw based, floodier beam and maybe even a tripod mount on the end, but still tailstandable. Sell it for under 30 and I'm sold!