favorite AA light?

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
I saw a thread where someone asked for your favorite cr123. I am in the market for a AA light to carry edc or in my b.o.b. What is your recommendation?

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
My two favourite AA lights are the LiteFLux LF5XT, and the NiteCore D10 GDP. Both are really excellent, dare I say it "state of the art" 1xAA LED torches.

Alonzo

Newly Enlightened
My favorite is a Fenix L1D, but if I could upgrade now, I've would definitely gotten a Nitecore D10. The Liteflux seems to be great too, but the delay before the light turns out, turns me off(no pun intended). Eagletac seems to have a bunch of new good lights too, but I havent checked those out yet.

A couple of months back I had a NDI which I used as my edc and I lost it. I looked around for a while for a replacement and I figured I could not do better than another NDI - this time with a GDP. The beam is silky smooth and just right for edc in my view. The UI is as simple or complicated as you want to make it.

EXCALIBUR1

Newly Enlightened
I like my trusty Fenix L1D Q5. The strobe feature comes in handy when jogging or walking in the city to alert inattentive motorists.

thefish

Enlightened
My favorite is my NiteCore D10 GDP, I have kept it with me everyday since I got it. The only thing that bugs me about it is that it makes an annoying high pitch whine on high with a NiMH AA.

Burgess

Flashaholic
My favorite is the LiteFlux LF5XT.

:kiss:

What a sweet, wonderful little flashlight !

:twothumbs
_

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The now-discontinued JetBeam Jet-I MK IBS. Three user-settable modes with infinite brightness control, 2-130 lumens on a standard battery, out to 225 with a li-ion (still the only AA light that can do that), Mil-Spec HA, sapphire crystal lens, double silicone o-rings at every thread, glow clicky, can tailstand, has the same beam profile as a Fenix, and retailed for ~$55 :thumbsup:

bill in utah

Newly Enlightened
I've got a D10 and L1D Q5 and carry one or the other daily.

Between the 2, I'd have to say I'd keep the D10 for EDC. Nice bright light, EXCELLENT low for long life for bad conditions where you may need the light to last. Being able to ramp for the exact light you need is nice.

I've dropped my D10 on concrete :mecry: on its lens and a *slight* ding. Still works 100%.

I've got quite a few lights and the D10 is one I will keep.

Take care, bill

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my Olight. I have both t-10 and t-15 battery tubes and it has been holding up to some serious EDC.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had the Fenix L1D Q5 since last winter. At friday I received my new order, which among other models included the NiteCore D10 GDP. This little light is my new favorite. Unlike the L1D the grip is safe because of the knurling, and the beam has a softer transition from hotspot to spill. In many cases I appreciate a warmer tint, but in this case I like the cooler more "brilliant" tint of the Osram LED, don't know why...
A great light! :twothumbs

Regards, Patric