Borealis vs. Dereelight DBS

hivoltage

Enlightened
I have a Dereelight DBS V2 Led which is claimed to be one of the brightest LED's available right now. I am considering plunking down the bucks on a Borealis Mag Mod.

I know we shouldnt compare the 2 lights...1 being LED and 1 being an incandescent.....but would the Borealis be considerably brighter than my Dereelight? Cause that is my plan:D Thanks~!

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
A borealis is just a M@g 85....a stock maglite with up graded: socket, battery (9 aa rechargable or 3 lithium ion rechargable) reflector (aluminum instead of plastic) and lens (glass instead of plastic) If a Mag 85 is what you want you can probably find one cheaper on the market place

The Mag 85 is way brighter

Last edited:

hivoltage

Enlightened
I dont want to build it myself, dont know where to get all the stuff to do it.

I just wanted to know if it will be MUCH brighter than my LED light.

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
The Borealis/Mag 85 will be alot brighter. Imagine the DBS shining at the end of your garden with a nice hot spot and a decent amount of spill to light the rest of the garden. Imagine the B/Mag85 with a much bigger hot spot and massive spill turning your garden to daylight. My mag85 makes me smile every time i use it plus the added bonus of the colour rendering an incan gives. I think everyone should own atleast one hotwire and i think i can say with confidence that you will love this addition to your collection.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much what Leeleefocus said. Mag mods can produce enormous walls of light even with smooth reflectors. It will be much, much brighter than your Dereelight.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for M*g85/borealis. I also reccomend purchasing one from the market place or B/S/T forum here is one for sale that is a turnkey package with a charger and everything you need.