Question about the Arc LS 123 twisty pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
I bought my first Arc LS (LSH-S) 2 weeks ago (second-handed, thanks to Fusion) and I just today recieved the 123 twisty power pack that I ordered directly from Arc. I realize that it is a 2nd quality item, but I was wondering if other people's 123 twisty might have a foam ring in the bottom of the pack to help the functioning of the switching? Mine did not. I tried wrapping paper around the battery initially, before I thought to cut out a washer from some foam sheeting I had on hand and install it in the base of the 123 twisty, mimicking the Arc AAA switch action. If there is supposed to be a foam ring, would Peter send me one if I send a letter with request and a SASE?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The twisty endcap (bought new from ARC) I have on my EDC ARC LSH-P has no foam or anything in the bottom of it, and it works perfectly.

-Keith

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think what he meant was the battery rattling...bf hammer, peter will send you replacement O-rings or foam retainers if you send him an sase /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
The LS's wich were equipped with the "twisty" tailpack had a thicker foam washer in the head, but nothing at the bottom of the pack.

If you send a SASE to Peter asking for a rev 1 foam retainer, he will likely send the thicker one.
It might help to send an e-mail to make sure you get the thicker ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Yes I was referring to the battery rattling. So the foam was installed in the flashlight head originally - it actually makes more sense to me to put the foam in the bottom of the twisty pack. It does have to be kind of thin, unless the negative electrode were made about 2-3mm longer. With this setup, you can interchange twisty and clicky without problems. I suppose I'll just continue to use my modification.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the battery rattling around in my LSH just doesn't bother me. I keep the twisty about 1/4 turn from the "on" position, and battery rattle is kept to a minimum. When the light is in my pocket, I can't hear or feel any rattle.

-Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.