What is the best looking and best performing neck wear light?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for something tiny that someone can wear around their neck.

I was thinking the T1A, because of the Titan ad, but it holds a CR123 and I think that will make it a little too big. Then I was thinking a Titan, but I can't find any dimensions of the Titan (or the T1A).

Then I was thinking the Aeon, but the dimensions of the Aeon is 2.1 inches by 0.7 inches and that seems too big, but maybe not. The Aeon looks a little nicer and that might make it win my opinion.

Is there anything better than an Aeon for this?

alphazeta

Enlightened
The only thing that comes to mind for neckwear would be a Lummi Wee. I've found that performance isn't that great when it comes to runtime AND output. It's one or the other.

I'd like to hear other suggestions though. I don't have a drake or draco so I don't know about those two. Perhaps the drake would be small enough for neckwear w/ better output/runtime versatility than the wee?

deranged_coder

Enlightened
There's another thread on neck carry lights over here that should have some good suggestions:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/216490

Personally, I have tried wearing a Photon Freedom and a Streamlight Nanolight around my neck and I found both to be great for neck carry. The Photon Freedom is a great multi-use light since it can be ramped from low to high. The Streamlight Nanolight looks better though, IMHO. :thinking:

Neither the Freedom nor Nanolight will break the bank, either. And they can be found in brick & mortar stores so you can actually have a look at the lights before buying them. :)

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been carrying an Arc AAA-P on a titanium chain around my neck for several years now. I think it looks pretty good, but I don't wear it as jewelry and keep it tucked underneath my shirt unless it is in use. It isn't the best performing output-wise, but it is very well built and very reliable, and with a lithium AAA cell is so light I usually forget I'm wearing it.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, let me see if I can't narrow this down a bit.

This is for a girl, so an Arc P is not good looking enough. The Drake comes in Chrome and Titanium, both seem like they'd be nice.

I want it to be a useful light. It needs to have a 10 lumen low or lower and I would like it to have a high mode. Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to run.

It has to be Chrome or Titanium or... the Aeon Natural doesn't look bad, either. I suppose it could be black if it has to be.

What else do you want to know?

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife wears her Red Aeon on a neck lanyard 24/7.

She loves the way it wears, and the way it looks.

If you'd like me to snap a pic of her Red Aeon around
her neck for size reference, let me know.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
The Aeon (or Ion for that matter) would be a fine choice.
3130393448_e2a703605d.jpg

phoneguy

Enlightened
Since it is for a girl I would think that the Drake would fit the bill very nicely. Small , shinny, multi level, dunk-able, rechargeable. The Draco would probably be good as well( my wife wants one of these ) slightly larger but still smaller than a ION.
Good luck. Let us know what you decide.

Bryan

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
La Petite Killer

I am soooo close to getting approval from the Ministeress of Home Affairs (my wife) to get one

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for something tiny that someone can wear around their neck.

I was thinking the T1A, because of the Titan ad, but it holds a CR123 and I think that will make it a little too big. Then I was thinking a Titan, but I can't find any dimensions of the Titan (or the T1A).

Then I was thinking the Aeon, but the dimensions of the Aeon is 2.1 inches by 0.7 inches and that seems too big, but maybe not. The Aeon looks a little nicer and that might make it win my opinion.

Is there anything better than an Aeon for this?

I don't have Aeon, but CR2 Ion which I love very much.
For cr123 x 1, and wearable around the neck, you may want to check Bitz titanium. It's a wonderful light, small enough for cr123, 3 speeds - bright enough and low enough, and some hidden mode of strobe and more...
And it's less money. :)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/201196&page=3