went on binge, now I need a cigarette

cruisemissile

Enlightened
it all started with getting a surefire E2E satin grey as my first real light.
wanted longer run time, got Kl1.
not happy, had an "itch" for just the right light.
didn't like the look (colors didn't match).
picked up a few lights as EDC.
still felt unsettled.
still "not there".
wanted a nice light with the "right" features.
hunted, hunted, hunted.
Felt "incomplete".

finally got an E2L, (dual mode, nice look, good size)
got an E2D. Loved the E2D, but wanted LED,
so hunted high and low, just pulled trigger to get E2D Led.

Its got what I want-
  • 2 mode, (not too many not too few)
  • its bright bright,
  • its sleek and black
  • cool look (bezel and tailcap)
  • feels great in the hand, and got a really nice assertive clicky switch.
am waiting for the E2 Defender LED to arrive any day, but I feel much better now that I found "it".
aaahh, now I feel like I need a cigarette.
my name is cruisemissile, and I'm a flashaholic.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I did this for a long time. I really wanted an E2DLED, but it was too much money. Bought some cheap DX ultrafire lights, too large. Bought a Nuwai Q3, upgraded it to a P4, reverse clicky was a pain. Spent the money on a NiteCore Extreme... nice but the UI would fail me at the worst times. Saw the Eagletac series, bought the T10C and P10C. Perfect size, seem durable, easy 2-mode interface, argh... no crenelated bezel. Spent about $100 on cren bezel rings that I hoped would work.. no dice. Eagletac comes out with the correct bezel rings for $9 each, wait 3 weeks for that shipment, and now all is well. All in all, I spent about 3 times what an E2DL would have cost me in the first place.

I'm going to order another pair of bezel rings and machine them sharp. Not for defense purposes, although its an option, but I actually find myself using my bezels for strange things at the range.

Good to hear you're squared away. I've learned from this hobby to buy what you want the first time. I just need to start applying that to all my other hobbies. :)

cruisemissile

Enlightened
I did this for a long time. I really wanted an E2DLED, but it was too much money. Bought some cheap DX ultrafire lights, too large. Bought a Nuwai Q3, upgraded it to a P4, reverse clicky was a pain. Spent the money on a NiteCore Extreme... nice but the UI would fail me at the worst times. Saw the Eagletac series, bought the T10C and P10C. Perfect size, seem durable, easy 2-mode interface, argh... no crenelated bezel. Spent about $100 on cren bezel rings that I hoped would work.. no dice. Eagletac comes out with the correct bezel rings for $9 each, wait 3 weeks for that shipment, and now all is well. All in all, I spent about 3 times what an E2DL would have cost me in the first place.

I'm going to order another pair of bezel rings and machine them sharp. Not for defense purposes, although its an option, but I actually find myself using my bezels for strange things at the range.

Good to hear you're squared away. I've learned from this hobby to buy what you want the first time. I just need to start applying that to all my other hobbies. :)

you're right about buying it right the first time. unfortunately, sometimes we have to "discover" what feels right. crappy part is that they don't sell surefires in alot of places (or many other good premium lights)., so you can't really experiment to see what feels right before you buy.
well, even if I don't carry my other lights every day, at least what I acquired can be considered somewhat of "collection" that I still don't mind owning :D
but I'm still surprised at how "unsettled" I was and just went on a "mission" tirelessly looking for what's "just right" and how much more relieved I feel now. ...until the next 'evolution' of my taste or "need"..haha

happy, safe, healthy, and BRIGHT New YEAR.

sappyg

Enlightened
hey cruisemissle,
that's is some journey you've had. i've been chasing that perfect flashlight every since i found cpf.
SF e2 series lights are flat out cool... dang close to perfect. a lot of people really love their m6 (don't have one), but i LIKE the e2's. my e2e is the one that i can always count on and the form factor can't be beat.
the only way you can improve on the e2 series is to go LED and the simple high/ low.... e2dl is the shizzle!!!
congradulations :thumbsup:
curious... how does the beam compair to your e2l? no one talks about them here since the e2dl hit the scene

cruisemissile

Enlightened
hey cruisemissle,
that's is some journey you've had. i've been chasing that perfect flashlight every since i found cpf.
SF e2 series lights are flat out cool... dang close to perfect. a lot of people really love their m6 (don't have one), but i LIKE the e2's. my e2e is the one that i can always count on and the form factor can't be beat.
the only way you can improve on the e2 series is to go LED and the simple high/ low.... e2dl is the shizzle!!!
congradulations :thumbsup:
curious... how does the beam compair to your e2l? no one talks about them here since the e2dl hit the scene

I think the beam is much better than my E2L., stronger, better throw, smooth, good quality.