Question about Malkoff 2-3D Dropin

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
Just received mine today and it works great! It's in a 2D light with Gene's cut down reflector. Currently running on Duracell Alkaline cells.

My question is whether or not it would be brighter running on rechargeable D cells or are the Duracells able to supply all the current required? It's not going to be used a great deal, so the cost of the primary cells is not the main issue. But I'm willing to go the rechargeable route if I'd be able to notice a difference in brightness. Thinking of cells like these: http://www.batteryjunction.com/tpeh-td12000.html

I also have a 4D Maglite that I'm hoping to install one of Gene's triple drop ins in the future. Would I benefit from the NiMH D cells in that case?

Thanks for any advice.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 C cells will fit in a 2D:thinking:? Please don't laugh if the answer is obvious... I am kind of new around here:p:ohgeez:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
GaryM,

I don't think it will be brighter with rechargeable NiMh cells, but you will have a much longer runtime using 12000 mAh.

Regards, Patric

Marduke

Flashaholic
3 C cells will fit in a 2D:thinking:? Please don't laugh if the answer is obvious... I am kind of new around here:p:ohgeez:

Yes, they will. You can use a bit of pipe, tube, or pipe insulation as a spacer. Rolled up paper works in a pinch (or if you're just fiddling). You may have to reverse the spring also.

A more permanent method is to shorted the spring, scrape some anodizing out of the bottom of the tailcap, and reset the spring lower down inside the tailcap.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you.

I thought for a minute that I would have to turn in my flashaholic card not knowing that.