I just bought a Wee NS.

deusexaethera

Banned
I just couldn't stand it anymore. :sigh: Looking at the Raw every single day (maybe I shouldn't have set it as my wallpaper, heh), admiring the craftsmanship, but I didn't want to get one without the blue tritium markers. I also couldn't decide between Nickel-Silver or Titanium, and I knew getting both was a bad idea.

It turns out the Wee offered a solution; Lummi (ostensibly) has the smaller blue tritium markers that the Wee uses, in stock right now. Getting a Wee in Nickel-Silver means that I won't be stuck wanting to get a Raw NS and a Raw TI, and constantly be choosing whether to put the Raw NS or the Raw TI in my pocket every morning. (I have a surprisingly hard time choosing between items that are functionally-identical to each other -- I can spend several minutes at a time making up my mind.) So I got a Wee NS, and eventually I'll get a Raw TI, and I won't have a nervous breakdown because the Wee NS is small enough to justify the heavier metal, and it can replace my lost Arc-AAA much more unobtrusively than the Raw could.

Heh. I have no idea if I'm being too logical about my decision, or not logical enough. Eff it, the die is cast.

This is the picture that sold me, if anyone's curious. Credit goes to sideman7.

Wees.jpg

Last edited:

gorn

Enlightened
I have an ORB RAW and a Wee NS. I really like them both. The craftmanship in both lights is some of the best i've seen. I was dissapointed in my Wee though. I got the 80 for the pure bright shock factor. What dissapointed me was the fact that the beam is totally flood. I did not expect that. But the light is so nice I got over the dissapointment in no time at all.

I think you will enjoy your light.

deusexaethera

Banned
Well, the Wee is the size of a stack of dimes; it isn't big enough to hold a reflector capable of forming a hotspot. That's good to know, though.

I opted for the 50-lumen driver, because the 15 minutes of runtime on the 100-lumen driver would mean I'd never want to use it for "fear" of draining the battery. It's going to be brighter than my old Arc AAA, if nothing else.

Well...it'll make a good desk toy, if absolutely nothing else.

gorn

Enlightened
I have a Peak 3 LED with a body that holds the same battery as the Wee. It has good throw. I'm not saying the Wee is bad. I like it alot. I just didn't research it enough when I bought it and the flood beam suppried me. Would I buy it again? Without hesitation.

MKLight

Enlightened
D - Congrats! It's a neat little light. It you want to change it to a more traditional beam with a hotspot and spill, you can polish the reflector. I did that, which makes it more useful to me.

Also, the Raw and Wee are really two complementary, but different lights.

Good luck,
Mike

Tink

Newly Enlightened
I have found that anything bought from Rob @ Lummi is a purchase you won't regret. He's one gentleman who makes a heck of a light!

And speaking of such, that sideman7 surely can take a photo, can't he?

deusexaethera

Banned
I guess so; I haven't made a study of his work yet.

The picture is simple and clear, which makes it good. It would've been even better to see a new Wee NS next to an old one, but since it's going to be old far longer than it will be new, old is all I really need to see.

deusexaethera

Banned
D - Congrats! It's a neat little light. It you want to change it to a more traditional beam with a hotspot and spill, you can polish the reflector. I did that, which makes it more useful to me.

Also, the Raw and Wee are really two complementary, but different lights.

Good luck,
Mike
Most likely I will want to do that eventually. Is a Dremel with a parabolic fiber tip and some polishing rouge good for the job, or will I need something fancier?

MKLight

Enlightened
D -

Some people have done that. I don't think you would need anything more intensive. I just did it by hand. Mine looks almost mirrored with a little stipple (or very slightly textured with uniform circles) to it. I would have gone all the way, but as I tested it, I liked the look. There are no Cree Rings and there is a definite hot spot and side spill. The unpolished reflector (OEM) is all flood without a hot spot. Also, it's been noted (somewhere on CPF - probably the Lummi forum) that after polishing, more usable lumens will shine out the front.

Good luck!
Mike