2 AA tacticle w/strobe recommendations

AJC629

Newly Enlightened
Love my D10. Now that I've got a dozen Eneloops and a Maha 9000, would love a defensive light with strobe in a 2 AA platform. Any recommendations? My D10 gets more use than my SF; just a different kind of "brightness" plus it's quite a bit smaller.

wadus

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the L2D I tried out for a bit had a very nice strobe on it also. That line of lights might be your best bet. I have another light with strobe, but it flashes too slowly and doesn't even make it usable.

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
only problem with the ld20 is that it is a reverse clicky, some might not find that "tactical." And, the strobe setting is on the second click, but changing from turbo to strobe requires only a soft press.

Marduke

Flashaholic
only problem with the ld20 is that it is a reverse clicky, some might not find that "tactical." And, the strobe setting is on the second click, but changing from turbo to strobe requires only a soft press.

Easy enough to make it a forward clicky. Just swap the switch out.

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
Kep in mind that the LD20 strobe is about twice as fast as the L2D.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Olight T25 Tactical. I only use strobe for emergency signalling so I like the fact that Strobe is tucked away. Once selected, light will come on in strobe until you select another mode.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Olight T25 has a tactical version.

Remember, a light is only a single part of a defenseive plan.

AJC629

Newly Enlightened
So the Olight has my attention as well as the LD20. I want disorienting strobe to be used in my weak hand and my xD subcompact 9mm or my Glock 23 in my right (or perhaps my S&W airweight 38 spl), as I am proficient in handguns and understand the pros and cons of having the flashlight mounted on the gun. I know where to find Fenix; where do I go for Olight?