Streamlight Stylus question

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been trying to "pacify" myself while I wait for my pre-ordered Inova X1 to arrive and for the CMG Sonic to hit the street, so I ordered a Stylus today. My question is, how does a white Stylus compare in brightness to a white Arc AAA and Ultra-G? I know it's not regulated, so brightness will be steadily diminishing...I'm talking primarily initial brightness. Just curious as to what to expect before it gets here...Thanx in advance!

PJD

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Stylus was brighter than the Arc-AAA for a little while. I am not sure where my stylus is right now...the switch on it failed.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Unless I got a fluke, the Stylus should be brighter than an Arc-AAA when you first get it. Since it isn't regulated though, the brightness should go down as the batteries get used up. It uses AAAA cells, which could be hard to find in some areas. Rat Shack or larger grocery stores might have them, or you could disembowel a Duracell 9V battery & tape them up (if needed, for insulation) and get them that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Until I saw JonSidneyB's post about the busted switch, I always thought the Stylus was a reliable little light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Until now, I've heard nothing but good things about them.
My take on the white Stylus is here if you're interested.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
The switch should be easy to fix as there seems to be only 2 parts to it....the plastic push button and the spring.

Here's the run time graph that I did on the Stylus.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
My wife is a nurse and has been carrying and using a Stylus since Christmas. She uses it everyday she works and it's still as bright as my ARC-LE. It is dimmer than the backup one I bought for her that hasn't been used. (She loses them occasionally.) I think it's a great light. BTW the Office Depot store here sells AAAA batteries.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine's been in service for quite some time now. It's bright and lasts quite a while with intermittent use.

The only recent problem I've had is flickering, so that just means I need to do a quick cleaning of the switch assembly.

-Jason

cmendoza

Enlightened
BTW, I've been harvesting 6 AAAA from a 9volt battery. I bought a 3pack of Everactives from Wal-mart for less than $4 (that's 18 "AAAA"s!). You have to put them in backward (flat end first) and used a small bit of rolled aluminum foil as a spacer. I haven't gone through the first 9-volt battery yet!
Very nice light.