Any news on UA2 Optimus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
They are not out. The history of this particular light is full of suspense and disappointment. Surefire's marketing team released the 2008 catalog with the UA2 and many people were told that it would be released in spring of 2008. Then the release date was pushed back to the summer, then the fall, then the first quarter of 09. At some point rumors held that the light would never be produced.

I had all but given up on the dream of the UA2 until just a couple of weeks ago when I ran across a post saying that the UA2 is once again slated to be produced; this time the release date is supposedly the first quarter of 2010. Take this with a grain of salt (or more like a heap) because I have seen instances where folks are told conflicting information directly from Surefire customer service representatives. If this light is ever produced it will be a must have for sure!

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Latest I heard was that Surefire were waiting for Hell to freezer over and the dead to rise and walk the earth. That way every gun nut and flashaholic heading for cover could say 'See, I told my hobby wasn't stupid!'
:tinfoil:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
There are a few threads active about the upcoming (or not :green:) SF lights and their release dates. Please continue there.
Closed.
bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.