Streamlight Polytac

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
There aren't many budget polymer LED lights from the major manufacturers, other than Surefire's G2.

Streamlight has just introduced their new Polytac line using "C4" technology (it's also available in Incan models).

Streamlight's advertised Specs:
--120 Lumen output; 108 lumens at 2 hours, 12 lumens at 3 hours.
--2 123 cells
--momentary/clickie tailcap
--polymer construction with metal LED housing/reflector.
--Street price: 28 bucks give or take.

Overall, I think it's a good light. Feels a bit "plasticy" as compared to Surefire's G2. The Cree LED is housed in a metal/reflector assembly, so the plastic head shouldn't be too much of a thermal issue. Beam profile is a tight hotspot with a nice outer corona.

Pics::

poly4.jpg

poly3.jpg

poly2.jpg

poly1.jpg

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's anything like their ProPoly line [in terms of value & ruggedness] then I'm very interested. How is the beam? - I'd bet it's a good general purpose profile, not too floody or throwy.

I wonder if it can run on two RCR-123's. It might get too hot - plastic isn't such a good heatsink.

maxilux

Enlightened
What do you think about the 120 Lumen ? Can you compare the Polytac to other lights ?

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hi Dano, any chance posting the pictures of the beams side-by-side other lights as a referance? :eek:

maxilux

Enlightened
I think compare to other 2xCR123 Flashlights, at example OLight M20, EagleTac`s and many other. I mean other lights with near the same size.

TexLite

Enlightened
Streamlight has just introduced their new Polytac line using "C4" technology.

Thanks Dano, looks like a great light, and for the price of a drop-in it seems like a great value as well.

What do you think about the 120 Lumen ? Can you compare the Polytac to other lights ?

Streamlight's advertised numbers are usually actual output readings.

Looks like about half the output but twice the runtime of the TK11 or T10C2.

I was curious about the beam as well, probably similar to some of the popular drop-in's.

-Michael

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
For about $28, it sounds good. G2's biggest inca competitor used to be Brinkmann's Maxfire LX at $17. But it's been dicontinued for a few years. :(