A new photo competition?

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
A few years ago, I set up a little photography competition here on CPF. Now that we have a dedicated photo section, it might be fun doing it again.

This is just a feeler, I'm not going through all the trouble of setting this up if there is no interest in such a competition. Please let me know if you're interested. If I get 15 participants I will go ahead and set it up.

I still have to think about a system to judge the pics. The vote last time was a bit hard to keep up with, so maybe this time use 'expert' judges.

Last time it was just for the honor & glory... But maybe this time there could be a prize for the winner (if the forum administration allows it).

The subject is already set, as in the previous competition I already promised some folks that if I'd do another one of these competitions, the subject would be 'flashlight group shot'.

Let me know if you're interested, or if you have other suggestions.

01. Tom_123
02. Changchung
03. nMotion96
04. Stillphoto
05. csshih
06. pmath
07. D.B.
08. McGizmo
09. unnerv
10. ElectronGuru
11. 1 what
12. StefanFS
13. Patriot
14. Nitroz
15. TKC

We made it!!

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
It looks like you need more fodder. I'm in or will at least give it a shot if I can.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only one flashlight, and zero cameras, but I'm totally looking forward to some awesome shots. It's hard enough to take beamshots and have them turn out right, I bet some of our "pros" can get some pretty awesome shots! Here's hoping McGiz gets an individual instance of natural hawaiian beauty as backdrops for each of his lights :popcorn:

unnerv

Enlightened
I'll give it a go, although my flashlight collection has dwindled considerably so the subject might be a little tough.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I'll give it a go, although my flashlight collection has dwindled considerably so the subject might be a little tough.

:wave: Hi unnerv.

I am planning to auction a big hunk of my collection in the next couple weeks if I can get my act together so hopefully I will be in a similar boat as you. I wonder if the subject matter is flashlight collection, how much consideration will be given the content VS the composition? No matter as I figure I will be contributing to the background to help set off the excellent photographers here and their entries anyway. Heck, we are all winners already and some of us are weenies to boot! :nana: