A new photo competition?

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
People, please keep in mind that this is NOT the photo competition thread, it's just a feeler thread to see if it's worth organizing another photo competition.

Well it certainly looks like we are worthy! :poke:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to subscribe to a model train magazine that ran a yearly photo contest. Prior to digital it was basically straight photos, no enhancements. With the digital age, they have separate catagories for pictures.

I am not sure what the rules will be here, but enhanced photos might be a separate catagory from film ( if anyone still uses film )

My bird photos in this thread are digital pictures, the only enhancement has been to adjust the contrast using the Nikon View editor, plus some cropping. Nothing was added or removed in the body of the picture.

To keep it simple, maybe all pictures are in the same catagory and the best picture, enhanced or not wins..

Patriot

Flashaholic
I think basic color changes should be allowed but I agree that manipulation of objects wouldn't be in the spirit of a "photo competition."

D.B.

Newly Enlightened
I think basic color changes should be allowed but I agree that manipulation of objects wouldn't be in the spirit of a "photo competition."

I agree. I guess the way I see it, you need to look at your work and decide if it belongs in a photo contest or a photoshop contest.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I thought this was a photo competition of flashlights photos, since this is a flashlight forum? :thinking: Maybe I'm mistaken though? :shrug:

SemperFi

Banned
Always Faithful.... as to any enlighten cause....:thumbsup:

Great going Coop, I'm all flashed for the fireworks too...

Will the theme (various or strictly) related with nature or primarilly EDC related... since this is a forum that governs flash fanciers and all that flashes with whatever that adds Lumens to lighting on images...

The sky's only the limit as we know. lovecpf

Here's one I snapped with a blast from the sky (X21 LED Lumen) after midnight at our local boulevard by the beach called Scheveningen, The Netherlands.

P8090314.jpg

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I'm having a very busy time... Looking for a new job as my current employer is outsourcing my department to a low pay country and I have just a few weeks left to find a new job... So unfortunately, the photocompetition didn't get my full attention.

The way it looks now, it will probably be ready to go end of this week, or early next week...

...and nice pic Semperfi.... Used to go to the movies in scheveningen when I still lived in the west... Well, until I discovered that the movietheater in Zoetermeer was nicer, cheaper, less crowded, has better seats and cleaner toilets :grin2:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in.
If I'm too busy to submit a photo, I'll join by voting :D

Thanks for your efforts, and take your time Coop!
Looking forward to seeing some nice pics from all :thumbsup:

SemperFi

Banned
...and nice pic Semperfi.... Used to go to the movies in scheveningen when I still lived in the west... :grin2:

Hoi Coop, Spijtig voor jou and sorry to note abt yr job situation.

Say... let me know if & when we can meet up over a local "pils" or Guinness (my fav)... I once used to drive into Tilburg very regularly from my Belgian home, have canine breeder friends in Tilburg.

PM me your GSM so I can pick up from there for an arrangement someday.:)

Whats your collection of "light" armory so far? I'm a newcomer on EDCs as of recently and it began devouring my lust for more lights when I started out in the city tour of The Forbidden City in Beijing last year just weeks prior to the Olympics. Hope to hear you soon... groetjes.

1 what

Enlightened
Here's a photo of my homemade (P7) flashlight which doubles as my bike light.
ride.jpg

If it counts I also made the tail light:crackup:

SemperFi

Banned
Nice snap & smack against the twilight by the beach head!!!:twothumbs

This is a good precedent and I hope most will agree, that the photo competition should reflect the facets on photography with flashlights as the theme by the skills one focuses on how to enhance the throw, floods and spots in the contest and adding adequate backlight to support what, where and how it differentiates the snap taken altogether.

I also believe, if one is to allow an aggressive influence with editing through all kinds of software thats available, it then poses not the skill on how to apply those softwares but a lack of genuine skill to enhance the moment of the snap with the aid of one's choice & model EDC.

If one were to apply and focus all kinds of objects and scenery that has little to do with flashlights, this contest is then the wrong place for there are many others too out there that seeks such skills among the very professionals and amateurs among novices with a minimum of standards...

Lets start basic and see what lights yours up at a fair level...:)tsk: no need for enhance doping= photo software products) show & share your simple but incredible snap(s) that woos simply the ...WOW effect!!!:twothumbs