Future of Ra Twisty?

ecallahan

Enlightened
I see the Twisty's are Out of Stock on Henry's site (although still available on other sites). I've been contemplating getting a Twisty, but having the LED modded to a warmer or high CRI version. Many of you out there in CPF Land seem to have inside information on many of these lights. Do you think there will ever be a WW version of the Twisty offered? Do you think the Twisty will ever be offered with some of the options offered with the Clicky (higher lumen output etc). Do you think the Twisty will wither and fade away?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
I had the same sort of questions but was guessing that the Twisty will either evolve (like the Clicky did) or be phased out (hopefully, replaced by something new).

I am VERY happy with my Twisty and would be sad to seem the line die.

Hopefully, we get news soon about the expanding of the Ra line that Henry had planned from the (re)start.

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I'm also very happy with my 85TW and 100TW and would be disappointed if the Twisty became extinct. I would be interested in an upgrade, should a more powerful and efficient LED be utilized in future Twisty models that would give the user a significantly more powerful high mode with a good runtime (at least one hour).

I like the dependability, the simplicity, the size, and the build and beam quaility of the Twisty.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Twisty is a very underestimated light IMO. It has a very simple and intuitive UI that is (with a little effort) programmable.

I'd like to see it upgraded to more lumens and easier programming. Mine has been great since I got it. Hopefully it will not fall by the wayside in the future.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
The Twisty is a wonderful light! The red output of the Tr model is an absolute must in certain situations, and it's great to not have to carry an extra light. One of my Twisty's has become a mid-size with the addition of an extended battery tube and sits on my nightstand as an extended runtime option. I only wish I could find a 100-Tr.:mecry:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ra Twisty is being phased. There was announcement a while back that production has stopped and what was left is being sold.

AFAIK there is a WW version. However it's only being sold in Japan. The lights in Japan say HDS instead of Ra Lights. I think you can still request a custom made WW Ra Twisty by emailing Henry.

The Tr version is completely out of production

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ra Twisty is being phased. There was announcement a while back that production has stopped and what was left is being sold.

AFAIK there is a WW version. However it's only being sold in Japan. The lights in Japan say HDS instead of Ra Lights. I think you can still request a custom made WW Ra Twisty by emailing Henry.

The Tr version is completely out of production

Bummer... Thank god I jumped on my order the other day (85-TR)... soon it will be all gone... like the dinosaurs lol

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I only wish I could find a 100-Tr. :mecry:
How badly do you want one? As far as I can tell, both the 85 and 100Tr are still for sale in Japan. So is the 4000k version of the warm Twisty, but I'm pretty sure there used to be a ~3200k version as well. Their warm Clicky is 4250k, wonder why it's different from the Twisty; different emitter or just the difference in temperature that comes with the higher maximum output of the Clicky? Pretty sure the US WWs are stated to be 4000k on the Ra site.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the twisty, I was ready to shell out ~$240 for a neutral twisty, but they were out of stock. =\

I'm reasonably happy with my GDP (100N) twisty, though.

I wish there was more development of the twisty. I would love a Neutral Twisty or one that is more efficient (an XPE twisty would probably rock). I would like to see the twisty with locator flash available.

ecallahan

Enlightened
How badly do you want one? As far as I can tell, both the 85 and 100Tr are still for sale in Japan. So is the 4000k version of the warm Twisty, but I'm pretty sure there used to be a ~3200k version as well. Their warm Clicky is 4250k, wonder why it's different from the Twisty; different emitter or just the difference in temperature that comes with the higher maximum output of the Clicky? Pretty sure the US WWs are stated to be 4000k on the Ra site.

Could you provide a link to the site? I'd be interested in looking.

EDIT: Found the link on the RA site.

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Why on earth would they "phase out" one of the most durable lights on the planet (respectively) I think Henry should work on getting Twisty 140's 170's and 200's out. Even if theyre in small quantity?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
hope they dont phase out, newbie here hasnt had time/ money to buy one yet ! want one for xmas !!!

Filip

Newly Enlightened
3 days ago I sent an e-mail to Henry Schneiker and asked about future of Ra Twisty. I got this reply:

"Filip,Although we have considered a refreshed Ra Twisty product line, there
are no current plans to do one. Henry."

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
3 days ago I sent an e-mail to Henry Schneiker and asked about future of Ra Twisty. I got this reply:

"Filip,Although we have considered a refreshed Ra Twisty product line, there
are no current plans to do one. Henry."

Bummer. I'm very happy to have one though. Hopefully, the Twisty will return after some time away.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bummer. I'm very happy to have one though. Hopefully, the Twisty will return after some time away.

What a killjoy Henry is! haha jk :nana:

Like Theatre Booth Guy, I am thankful I had ordered mine before it completely disappears! Definitely going to become a collectors item... :thumbsup:

callmaster

Enlightened
I'll only be interested if it gets a much needed upgrade. A nice Ra Twisty 200n or something.

Last edited:

paintballdad

Enlightened
I posted sometime ago in the MP about Battery Station's CPF pricing on the 85tr. These lights are no longer in production and getting scarce. At BS price of $99, these are a steal. I picked one up just to add to the Twisty collection and find myself liking it the more i use it. He also has some Twisty 100n left and this one is my favorite Twisty. The 100n is also getting hard to find. I really recommend picking up at least one Twisty while they are still available, i certainly like them more than my one Clicky.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll only be interested if it gets a much needed upgrade. A nice Ra Twisty 200n or something.

+1 on the 200n

I posted sometime ago in the MP about Battery Station's CPF pricing on the 85tr. These lights are no longer in production and getting scarce. At BS price of $99, these are a steal. I picked one up just to add to the Twisty collection and find myself liking it the more i use it. He also has some Twisty 100n left and this one is my favorite Twisty. The 100n is also getting hard to find. I really recommend picking up at least one Twisty while they are still available, i certainly like them more than my one Clicky.

I use mine more than my clicky as well. My custom 140n clicky is a backup to my 85-TR. I carry 2 lights on me at all times. My main is the QAA on 14500's (The beam is flawless) and my secondary light will be the Ra. Something about the beam of the clicky creeps under my skin. I can't stand it. Its beam quality is just more inferior to the 85-TR and the QAA on XP-E.