Newest Hi Performance single AAA lights?

Spence

Enlightened
I've been away from the forum for a while and am looking for info on the latest in the field of high performance single AAA lights. My last two acquisitions are the Fenix LD01 SS and the new edition SS Maratac AAA (on its way). Can anyone point me in some new directions with sources?:thinking:

jake25

Enlightened
How awesome would it be to have a MCE running off of a 10440. Anyway I think those 2 are the best on the market for now.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liteflux LF2XT.
Hi when you need it, low when you need it. You can have an idiot-proof CUI or a complicated FUI that gives you strobe, SOS, beacon or any light level setting. Not too mention a quick 5 clicks to indicate the battery level. Thoroughly efficient, IMHO. It uses a clicky switch, deep pocket carry clip and a smoothest beam profile like LF3XT. Maybe that's how I define "Hi Performance". Now with a Ti body, it's "Super Hi Performance". :D

Last edited:

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
LF2XT all the way. . . I run mine on a 10440. It is bright when I need it bright, and it can be dim if I need it dim. It is my most used/carried light since I got it.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'll third the recommendation for the LiteFlux LF2XT. It really just about does it all. And, a great dealer is EliteLED, right there in your state. Of course, that little Maratac is pretty sweet in its own right, as you'll soon find out.

Geoff

bluewater

Newly Enlightened
No comparison. Lf2xt on LiIon. It makes every other AAA light I have seem old, tired and low tech.

Last edited:

bansuri

Enlightened
Let me pile on.... the LF2XT is a slam-dunk home-run AAA flashlight!

Well, as a card carrying LiteFlux nut and owner of the 3XT and 5XT, I can say with confidence that - sight unseen - the 2XT is gonna be a great light from my experience with the other 2. I had little love for the AAA lights but the programmability of these really lets you get whatever you want out of them, so even with the limitations of the AAA you can account for that with your mode settings instead of relying on the manufacturer's idea of Low>Med>High. I haven't seen as many programmable AAAs as I have AAs.

My question at this point- is it worth the extra $15 for the R2 over the gorgeous neutral white? Based on my experience with the other 2 models the 5XT is a little blue-ish.

On the other hand, you may want to see what you think of the Maratac before jumping in.

slate

Newly Enlightened
I am waiting on a Peak Eiger 10440 which should be here early this week. I am thinking of buying a LF2XT or Aeon (cr2) but haven't made up my mind yet. But here is a great underrated light that I just got from DX for only $13.71 shipped. The AKORAY K-103 AAA light. It is rated 0.7-4.5V so it will handle a 10440. The little light is a 1 mode screamer with the 10440.
IMG_3924.jpg

Here is a crappy shot but on the left is the K-103 on a 10440 and on the right is a Nitecore D10 R2 on an Energizer L91

IMG_3925.jpg

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question at this point- is it worth the extra $15 for the R2 over the gorgeous neutral white? Based on my experience with the other 2 models the 5XT is a little blue-ish.

Not bluish at all. Personally, I find Q4 to be a bit too warm for me, but R2 from the LF2XT is almost perfect, not too warm and not too cool :)

beamk.jpg

Left NDI R2, Right LF2XT R2. (Beam is smoother than shot)

So, if one thinks of the amount spent on batteries and lights, yeah, $15 is worth spending to get an ideal tint.

Last edited:

bansuri

Enlightened
Not bluish at all. Personally, I find Q4 is a bit too warm for me, but R2 from the LF2XT is almost perfect, not too warm and not too cool :)

beamk.jpg

Left NDI R2, Right LF2XT. (Beam is smoother than shot)

Based on that beamshot, I'm sold. I'm to the point that I can't stand hard-edged spots after being spoiled by the LiteFlux's beautiful fade and lack of rings.

Thanks for the pic!

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find the LF2XT's Q4 beam just perfect for non-throwy applications... not too warm, not cool, gorgeous, smooth, ring-free beam, well-rounded.... simply magnificent as a general-use, close-to-mid-range "convenience" light! Which is exactly what it is. (Not that anyone would expect a AAA light to be much of a thrower anyway...)

Last edited:

clintb

Enlightened
Add one more LF2XT to the list. It, just like the LF5XT and LF3XT, have made it into my "inner circle" of favorite flashlights. It seems as though LiteFlux thinks of things to the Nth degree when designing, and it shows in the level of features.

Spence

Enlightened
Okay, I'm ready to pull the trigger on the LF2XT along with the charger and some 10440's. However, is it worthwhile to spend $15 more for the R2? I've got R2 Nitecores and have no complaints but I'm not sure how much they are improved over the Q4 standard.:candle::thinking:

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Although I don't have one, I agree. It's hard to beat the options of these, 3 beam types, 3 body metals, 3 body styles, 8 output levels, warm or cool tint and even the ability to special order color LEDs. I myself am looking forward to getting a hard anodized, lug bodied, medium optic, number 6 output level in amber.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I don't have one, I agree. It's hard to beat the options of these, 3 beam types, 3 body metals, 3 body styles, 8 output levels, warm or cool tint and even the ability to special order color LEDs. I myself am looking forward to getting a hard anodized, lug bodied, medium optic, number 6 output level in amber.

I read that entire thread. The runtime is kind of weak even if one were to buy the #1 lowest output (in the entire thread I only read 1 person buying a #1 wide beam for reading at night, everyone else buying #6s-#8s) only to get under 20 hours of runtime. Heck the Fenix E01 does that and more and is what $12.50 at most places?

I will throw my vote for the Liteflux LF2XT. The current leader as far as single AAA lights go. I have the Maratac AAA and it is a nicer light than my Fenix E01, but still doesn't offer the bells and whistles as the L2XT. I have been using my L2XT for over a month now on the same AAA for reading at night. Checked the voltage and it is still at 1.15.