Fenix P2D RB100 slightly burnt out ?

Tremendo

Enlightened
I've got a P2D RB100 I bought new a while back. Last year, my son left it on max for a long long while, and ever since it seems to not get as bright. It's still pretty bright and functional as flashlight, but maybe only 30-40 lumens now. Is there an easy emitter switch or someone who could put an R2 or something in it?

TexLite

Enlightened
Others have reported the same experience with some of the Fenix Rebel versions.

A swap could be done to an R2. The complexity of the swap depends on exactly what type of R2 you want installed, that is, if you wish to stay with the Rebel or use another emitter, such as the Cree XR-E.

The reflector in the Rebel version is different from other versions and won't interchange. It can be swapped easily as well if you wish to use another type of emitter. The rest of the light is the same however.

I'd be glad to share some tips if you decide to do the swap yourself.

-Michael

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my experience, the Rebel reflector doesn't work well with a Cree emitter. It does work with a Golden Dragon or K2 TFFC. As mentioned, the rebel reflector can be removed and substituted with a Cree one.

Tremendo

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I have no special loyalty to the Rebels, but the beam was nice. I could try to do it, or if there's a place or someone I could send it out to for reasonable $, that might be easiest.

Does anybody have emitters in stock and do this?

Thanks again!

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
The early rebels TFFCs had issues with the epoxy used to bond the die to the package. You should contact the place you got the light from to get a replacement based on the warranty.

Tremendo

Enlightened
The early rebels TFFCs had issues with the epoxy used to bond the die to the package. You should contact the place you got the light from to get a replacement based on the warranty.

Hmmmm. Thanks for the info. Lighthound. I'll call then tomorrow and see. It's been way over a year now though.