Looking for advice on a new EDC, probably AAA

Rossko

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

After posting around here and learning from all the more expirenced flashaholics than myself, I've bought a couple of lights. I now have a Fenix L2T and a EO1. I am defintely happy with both of these. I carry the L2T on my belt whenever I'm in my street clothes and my EO1 in my pocket at all times. I love the L2T but it's a little big for a pocket carry for me and I'm looking to get something smaller so I can carry it in my dress pants that I wear at work. The EO1 is nice for this, but I'm feeling the itch to get a new light and figured I'd start by replacing the one light I always EDC. So I'm looking for some advice.

After looking around some more, I'm thinking about a AAA light. I'm really leaning towards the Peak Eiger or a LF2XT. Does anyone have any expirence comparing these two lights? I'm defintely looking for something that has a good battery life. Both of these lights are clicky which I like. Any features beyond that I'm kind of in the dark about. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak lights are very well made, and for the Eiger series, you get to choose your battery, material, beam and output type. However, it's basically a single level twisty, the "clicky" switch is actually momentary. It's pen-like clip isn't to my liking, it's not deep pocket carry and might tend to scratch the body.

IMO, LF2XT has much more to offer than Eiger. There's simplicity in the UI (CUI) or you could explore every kind of output customization in FUI which includes a battery level indicator function. It's a clicky but the clip leaves room for improvement.

Last edited: