SF Parts Compatabilty Chart (Dry Run...need opinions)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Created this with a "nudge" from DaFab...Still in the works (need size15(?) to scrub it...), but just thought I'd give it a dry run, and see what ya'll thought...especially you newer SF addicts... It will be expanded upon, more info added (filters/l.a.'s/lumens/etc.) This was quickly thrown together, but most of the info is generally correct...it hasn't been gone over for punctuality/details. The "Green" "Y's" mean that the parts are fully compatible, "Yellow" "M" means they'll function, but won't match (ano/color/etc.), and the "Red" "N's" mean that they are not compatible at all (based on body diameter/thread size/voltage/etc.)

Just trying to give back to the generous CPF Community...

Tail Caps:

TailCaps9Sep09.jpg

LED Heads:

LEDHeads9Sep09-1.jpg

Bezels:

Bezels9Sep09.jpg

Constructive Criticism Welcome...Like I said, it's a dry run to see if it's functional and iron out any problems or tweek it to help newcomers. It was designed to help people properly refernce parts, or find the right part with out having to search through 50 threads, etc.

Working on one for the weapon lights parts as well...

Mod's, sorry if the pic may be bigger than normal, as it was hard enough to get them from excel to jpeg, but I was hoping to make it a sticky. I will try to resize them if required.

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
That's very impressive, and very useful.

I'm looking forward to the weapon light one as there's all sorts of extra components that go into making up the weapon lights.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice and very useful. SureFire should incorporate it into their catalog.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Wow. I don't have much beyond P G C M series, but let me know if want shots (groups, etc) in any arrangement. And you're welcome to insert images I've already done.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you email me the spreadsheets I can correct all the mistakes and add all the missing information if you like. It will take some time.
When it comes to SureFire canon I'm a pedant so unfortunately much of your terminology is giving me a headache...

One thing is clear to me - I don't believe an 'image' of a spreadsheet is enough. There is a real need to include 'comments' and add links to expand the details.

As an idea of what you want to achieve it's not a bad start.

Al

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys...I wanted to find a balance between simplicity for some of the newer guys, but still be useful enough for some of us who have been into SF's for awhile...Think I'll get an L.A. one started, and might simplify the bezel/tail cap based on a simple "thread/ano/voltage" match???

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. I don't have much beyond P G C M series, but let me know if want shots (groups, etc) in any arrangement. And you're welcome to insert images I've already done.

Thanks! Yeah, if it becomes a sticky, we can get a "SF Picture Dictionary" of all the models. Simple vertical/horizontal shots of the complete lights? Get them all the same size so it's easier to browse...I have OCD...can you tell yet???

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great start :eek:

I would offer my help, but you've already got Size15's offer on the table :)

I look forward to the next revision!

Regards,
Tempest

nbp

Flashaholic
I've been hunting for something like this. I want to experiment with a SF lego project, and was hoping for a chart to pop up but I hadn't found any attempts as complete as this.

I agree with Al, it is a bit confusing right now, but I subscribed to this thread and I am really interested to see how it evolves. This could be a huge time saver for future projects.

Thanks for the hard work so far in putting it together, and I look forward to more additions. :thumbsup:

Mdinana

Enlightened
great idea! Easy to read, so far.

I'd almost hesitate to have Size15 Modify the basic concept. Or maybe have a beginner/advanced, since some folks may not actually want "subjective" comments, and just the "objective" information in one easy to find place.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great stuff!

I'd like to see a Lamp Assembly/Battery compatibility chart up to 13 volts-- including WA bulbs, bi-pin sockets and battery adapters.

Cheers.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Information like this is what NEEDS to be entered into the CPF Wiki. I have said this in the past but I don't have the resources to come up with extensive information. The Wiki is severely underused and this is EXACTLY what should be included in it. Additional details like lens diameters/thickness, o-ring sizes, thread sizes, mechanical dimensions, measured power draw, etc should be pulled from the reviews and mods/machining sub-forum and entered into the wiki.

Ideally the wiki would be the first place to look for information, followed by the search function, followed by a new thread. This is just my opinion but if I was able to hit up the wiki for a lens diameter instead of searching through irrelevant threads that turn up during the search, life would be much better. :)

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've been thinking about this - for me, the most important things are to correct the big errors - especially those that could waste people's time/money or result in damage.

Then, so that my time ( :nana: ) isn't wasted in the future, correct the terminology and 'language' to encourage use of the SureFire canon.

Finally, the importance of summary sheets for an overview is just as erm, important as having detailed sheets that show [lets aim for] every individual light/option.

In the future putting photos to as many of these things as possible will make it an even more useful resource.

Al :)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input guys...yeah, I definitely wanted to "dumb it own" a little at first...even this one may be a little hard for beginners, so I think I'll simplify it this one some, and then do a more extensive one with ya'lls help to put on the wiki. Are the colors easy on the eye's? Should I make it alittle wider so it's easier to view? I'll also take into consideration the recommendations of adding the additional inof, as I would eventually hope to have an SF "Bible" on the wiki, with basics for the NOOB's and more detailed/historical info for us more dedicated SF fans.

I got the current slides sent to size-15 to get them up to snuff, and am working on the filter and l.a. compatability charts.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
great idea! Easy to read, so far.

I'd almost hesitate to have Size15 Modify the basic concept. Or maybe have a beginner/advanced, since some folks may not actually want "subjective" comments, and just the "objective" information in one easy to find place.

Great idea...this was what I had in mind...so I hope the dry run turns into a basic chart, and then we can add the more subjective/detailed info later. Once I get the "canonized" version back from Al, I'll post it in the first thread until we can get it in the wiki...just want to make sure we have a fully functional (safe/correct) version, before we post it for informational purposes.