Clearwater Company 700 Lumen Flashlight?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG I am such an addict.

Called them up. It's a P7 with a floody throw. Guy on phone claims running for an hour without getting too hot to hold with no additional cooling.

Purchased from a 3rd party overseas.... ??

Taking my chance on ordering one.

jahxman

Enlightened
I thought I had seen a box set like that. It looks identical to this one on Kaidomain.com but twice the price on Clearwater.

Yeah thought that one looked familiar - wonder if going the extra step of putting their logo on it means that the units are actually tested before being sent out? As opposed to the typical KD/DX fare, which often arrives nonfunctional.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I actually was unable to cancel the order because it had already shipped by the time I got around to it. Came in the mail today and actually not a terrible light.

I took some measurements with 18650 and also RCR123 and this light is actually a nicely regulated light on RCR123s and is pretty bright.

On 18650 current measures at ~1.8A. On 2 RCR123 current measures at ~1.1A showing that there is regulation in place. And it is considerably brighter with the 2 RCR123 cells. Thermal management is pretty good as the lamp never got more than warm.

If you want a cheap P7 that is actually pretty decent and can pick this up from DX I would say go ahead for the low cost.