Any other lights that flash out voltage?

sparkysko

Enlightened
One thing that always upset me is constantly swapping out batteries, because I'm not 100% sure how much I used the light since the last time. Needless wear/tear on the threads, etc, in doing so.

I saw that the Liteflux LF5XT can flash out the battery voltage which would certainly help me with this problem.

Are there any other lights with similar capabilities? (In the 1xAA form factor)

Is the liteflux still an excellent choice of light?

LED Cool

Enlightened
LF2XT(AAA), LF5XT(AA) & LF3XT(CR123) all has a built in battery voltage meter that flashes to indicate the voltage (under load) of the battery.

the LF2XT even does it to the 2 decimal places. for example instead of 1.3V, and leave the user wondering if it is 1.31 or 1.38. the LF2XT indicates 1.37V giving the user a more accurate picture of the actual condition of the battery.

not to mentioned all of them has built-in battery over discharge protection for NIMH and Li-Ion rechargeables battery.

selfbuilt has several reviews on the LiteFlux lights in the CPF review section. and light-reviews.com has them too.

check them out.
khoo

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Data's "Spy" line of flashlights do this as well.

(Unfortunately, I can't recall whether this feature's present in both the Spy007 and Spy005, or just the 007...though I do remember seeing a YouTube video of it somewhere in the past. Neat trick!)

- FITP

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
Data's "Spy" line of flashlights do this as well.

(Unfortunately, I can't recall whether this feature's present in both the Spy007 and Spy005, or just the 007...though I do remember seeing a YouTube video of it somewhere in the past. Neat trick!)

- FITP

It wasn't on the 005. I think it was introduced for the second run of 007s but I could be wrong. It's a pretty cool feature.