Saudi Arabia comercial on tv

papasan

Enlightened
WHOLLY CRAP!...i just saw a commercial for saudi arabia on tv. some propaganda crap about how nice they are and how our relationships are strong and how anti-terrorist they are. hahaha. what PR dweeb came up with this one? man...i guess it's all abot the marketing these days, even for counties.

maybe they're afraid of us bombing them after we're doen with iran? nip that crap in the bud! hehe.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can hear it now Tom, "Saudi Director of tourism, formerly known as Baghdad Bob says, "Come enjoy Saudi Arabia, ******* Infide.....er, um pleasant American Friends, I promise you will be safe and secure among your friends, I swear to Allah no harm will come to you." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously though, I think the religious moderates over there got a pretty rude awakening when those terrorists bombed that apartment complex also killing Saudis and their children. They have tolerated fundamentalist teachings believing that the supposed mujahid (holy warriors) they were supporting would not stoop to killing Muslim non-combatants, now they've felt the truth, that they allow murderous terrorists to operate within their mosques and military. Hopefully it will fuel a backlash against fundamental extremists there.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tomas,

Your link just put a bug on my machine!! Please delete your link.

Dan

P.S. Saudi Arabia has been running commercials on CNBC for a couple of months now. After all...we're their best customer.

[EDIT] False alarm....the download dialog box caused the WINNIT/system32/config/SOFTWARE.File to be modified. I'll just do a "Last Known Good Configuration" and take care of that beastie. As you were.

Tomas

Banned
PercaDan can that be said in English (or at least something resembling it) rather than "Windospeak?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I see a lot of Javascript in the HTML, nothing that looks dangerous, and nothing that excites my machine, but that's about it. The rest seems straightforward.

What happened there?

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tomas,

Not quite sure, I'm still learning Win2K Pro [its somewhat different than NT and very different from Win98, UNIX, NetWare, etc.. Besides, it was free to me and works very well for something from MS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif]. I closed the dialog box with the "X", the web page flashed and my hard drive shuffled noticeably. I used the "Find File" function to find files that were created or modified over the last 24 hrs. and it indicated a modification to the WINNIT/system32/config/SOFTWARE file had been written to. This could be normal on a attempted download with Win2K, but I could not verify this at MS/support [this is my business hard drive and I don't download to it so this is outside of my scope of experience]. Regrettably, I performed a "Last Known Good Configuration" on a reboot before checking the "Event Viewer". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Probably just a false alarm, sorry for freaking. My bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dan