Bass Pro Shops "CUSTOM" SureFire G2L!!

R@ndom

Enlightened
Is it just me or the bezel isn't screwed on properly? And how did they get a lx2 tc on that? Somebody had too much fun with SF lego. Or is that a new product?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me or the bezel isn't screwed on properly? And how did they get a lx2 tc on that? Somebody had too much fun with SF lego. Or is that a new product?

It looks like a photoshop gone horribly wrong. I searched SureFires website over and over looking for an answer but found no logical explanation.

R@ndom

Enlightened
Doesn't look that shopped to me. You can see the round flat spot in the G2 body where they inject the plastic in the gap. And I don't think SF does product shots of bodies.

zven

Enlightened
The body and bezel look pretty standard to me. Perhaps not screwed down all the way, but isn't that what stock G2L's ship as these days?

Only strange thing to my eye is the tailcap. My main question is whether it's a twisty, or clicky. For a twisty, I would have thought SF would stick with the standard Nitrolon tailcap, so a fluted aluminum tailcap would be an interesting change. Seems to me it would be more likely to be a clicky, and that SF just decided to switch over production from the knurled design to the fluted one on all such tailcaps. In any case, I would be very curious to hear more details about that tailcap.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Wow that is weird. If I had the extra money id grab one! Anyone "buy it now" yet?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope no one tries to buy this in hopes to receive the light depicted.

It really does simply appear to be a shopped light :poke:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought about it, and maybe they receive lights from sf by part, so they have a whole lot of G2 bodies, C heads, and tail lying around, and someone just threw them together in hurry, not realising they assembled it wrong

Crenshaw

SureAddicted

Enlightened
I thought about it, and maybe they receive lights from sf by part, so they have a whole lot of G2 bodies, C heads, and tail lying around, and someone just threw them together in hurry, not realising they assembled it wrong

Crenshaw

Impossible, they come from the factory in tamper proof packaging, retailers dont have the means to package lights in sealed packaging, nor would they pay to have it done. I think they are just having fun, or need more traffic through their site.

Size15's

Flashaholic
What do we know?

We know that SureFire often make in-line changes to production models.

We know that product descriptions do not always match the product - it can take time for the description to be updated, or the photo to be updated for that matter.

We know that SureFire has been using metal clickie TailCaps on several new polymer models such as the G2L-FYL and G2D-FYL.

We know that SureFire have introduced a new styling (Design Patented) to replace knurling.

Given what we know, and that there is a general move to clickie TailCaps by popular demand, I think its likely that this represents the new version of the G2L. If this is the case I'm sure we'll see coloured (powder-coated) versions in Yellow, Tan and Olive Drab etc as SureFire phase in this change in due course.

Of course it could all be one big mistake. The photo does not inspire confidence.

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
It may be the tailcap is screwed all the way down and the photographer just added batteries and screwed the head down till it came on. Don't have my G2 with me to look at and compare.