what is the best long range large size flashlight that It gives the longst throwing ?

rojo-toro

Newly Enlightened
what is the best long range large size flashlight that It gives the longst throwing bright white output? and is in goog quality.

70+ - $ max

thank you

chef4850

Enlightened
does it have to be a "large size flashlight"? DBS and aspherics, Tiablo with same, etc. are not "large flashlight" but some of the best throwers DBS not quite in your price range. Tiablo worth a look. Recoil 007 & 008 are great lights for the price and great throwers. I purchased the 007 for $50-60US. Fair price for a decient light IMOP.

Chef

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is the best long range large size flashlight that It gives the longst throwing bright white output? and is in goog quality.

70+ - $ max

thank you
Since you are posting in the LEDs section I would assume thats what you want. The DEFT is the longest throwing LED light by far. It beats many HIDs including some 35W HIDs.;)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you are posting in the LEDs section I would assume thats what you want. The DEFT is the longest throwing LED light by far. It beats many HIDs including some 35W HIDs.;)

+1 on DEFT, the pictures that i have seen are simply amazing!! oh, and it definitely IS $70 + (it just depends on how much more that '+' is, haha)

oklalawman

Enlightened
I have the tiablo A9 and the dereelight DBS. The Dbs blows the A9 away. I have tried the aspheric lens on the Tiablo. It really throws but is not usable exccept for very limited. The DBS with the R2 has really gotten my respect int he ;ast week.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast

70+ - $ max

thank you
Edit - Sorry - I had a suggestion, but it's not LED, and a lot cheaper than $70.

OT, carry on, sorry for the OT accident.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i run a solarforce L2 with an 18650 and the dereelight 3SD R2 with a smooth reflector, the throw is respectable, its not mind blowing when compared to HID or the DEFT, but for $70 its a reasonable thrower

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
The DEFT has been proven to be the longest throwing LED light that exists, and would definitely be a good choice. Otherwise, I highly recommend the Stanley 5W CREE XR-E LED spotlight $40 from Walmart if you don't want to spend more than $70, as it is an incredible thrower and a true lux-per-dollar champion as far as LED lights go.

jblackwood

Enlightened
Don't mean to be contrary, but the Fenix TK40 is maximized for output, NOT lux, or throw. For example, I know my DBS R2 emitter puts out around 220 lumens. Using the same body, I can either fit it with an Orange Peel or Smooth reflector. The Lumen rating doesn't change, but the hot spot is brighter with the smooth than with the OP . . . which equates to the beam being more coherent over a longer distance . . . or more throw. If I put in the aspheric, the lumens is still around 220, but the throw goes up drastically. If I put my DBS with an aspheric (220 lumens) next to my DBS with an MC-E pill (500+ lumens), at 10 feet, the DBS is going to totally overpower my aspheric. But even at 100 feet, you can tell how much more lux the aspheric has compared to the MC-E. This is mostly because the MC-E is a quad die which keeps it from focusing properly for max throw.

I don't have the TK40 but it's hard for me to believe that ANY quad die light is going to out throw any single-die led thrower, as long as it's maximized for throw with either a smooth reflector or an aspheric. :shakehead

Don't own the TK11 either, but I believe the DBS with just a smooth reflector beat it out, didn't it? I'd be surprised to learn the TK11 beat out an aspheric DBS.

Last edited:

rojo-toro

Newly Enlightened
after i sow the deft i want im but it is $$
i will buy:

dbs v3 3sm mc-e 500 lumens
18650 extension Tube for this DBS
Aspherical Head for this DBS

thank you

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Just so you know. . . . the MC-E emitter will put out more total light, but will not throw as far as the single die R2 emitter.

rojo-toro

Newly Enlightened
but i understood that the
will mack the difference.

pictures someone

Gunner12

Flashaholic
An aspherical lens with a multi die LED like the MC-E will give you a beampattern of four squares. The best if you want to use a lens would be a single die LED like the XR-E. Each die of the MC-E will also be driven at a lower level then the XR-E, so it won't throw as much that way.

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
take a peak at the Tiablo A10. I'm pretty sure it is the best single non aspherical thrower out there. Putting an asperical on a DBS with an R2 will make a throw monster, but have nearly no spill. It isn't going to light much of anything except for a tight spot. If this is good for you, than that is the way to go. But if you are looking for an amazing thrower that has usable spill, the A10 is worth a look.

jahxman

Enlightened
but i understood that the
will mack the difference.

pictures someone

I don't have pictures, but if it is throw you want, get the R2 with the DBS and aspheric head.

The MC-E pill will be very diappointing as far as throw, but is a nice mid-range flooder with the OP reflector in the DBS.

Seriously, if it is throw you want, you want the R2 pill with that aspheric.