Zebralight and ceiling bounce comparisons ?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Curious... When doing ceiling bounce comparisons, can I use my zebralight H501 as a 96 Lumen reference to compare with my other reflector'd flashlights?

Example...
I have a new light and I think its in the vicinity of 90 Lumens OTF. Will a ceiling bounce comparison against my H501 be a pointless endeavor, with such drastically different beam patterns?

:thinking:

tolkaze

Enlightened
If you could get most of the light up to the ceiling would be helpful... with a large flood, it could be wasting precious lumens on non-white surfaces (like walls, fixtures etc) but it should still give you a fair indication

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Yup, any pure flood light will appear slightly brighter than a light with a reflector. You can use the Zebra against lights that have removable reflectors, but that's about it.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most important when doing ceiling bounce test is that the projected beam has equal size. (A Maglite needs to hold closer from the ceiling than a Fenix) But also according to my experience when holding the light close enough (1m-0,5m from the ceiling) the beam widths almost doesn't matter.

Regards, Patric