Buying Surefire for parts?

pahl

Enlightened
Does anyone buy a new light just for the parts?

I was looking at ordering a extra lamp for my surefire G2.
They are around $22 with shipping. There are places online, including deals I have seen on CPF were you can buy a new G2 for around $30 shipped.
It seems like a better deal to just go ahead and buy a whole new G2 just to get the lamp out of it and then you have a extra switch and body.

What do you guys do?
Do you buy new light's for parts or just buy the parts you need?

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to buy extra cordless drills for the batteries and it eventually does come in handy to have the extra drill too,they get kinda slack after alot of heavy use!

With the G2 it seems sound to buy the whole thing for the lamp assembly because you also get a second bezel, tailcap, O-rings and even a body in case you destroy something on the other one which is kinda tough to do with the G2 though. Just store the other away and there you go, a ready made parts spare parts kit. It is probably more economical than ordering spare parts direct or waiting for warranty service or parts too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I wouldn't make a habit of buying a new light everytime I needed a lamp assembly though or you could end up with a pile 'o tubes in the drawer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
(Please delete your post . . . if SureFire catches on
they'll quit selling the G2's so inexpensively!)

(SHHHHHHHHHH!! be vewy qwiet) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

pahl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
I P60 can be bought for $15 shipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, were can I get one for $15 shipped?

Thanks,