Fenix e01

FlameOn

Enlightened
I'm looking for a aaa keychain light to replace the ARC I lost some time back..how are these for 12.50? I did a search but couldn't find much on them...seems the LOD gets all the attention...I assume it's a single mode which is fine for a keychain light....

Centropolis

Enlightened
I'm looking for a aaa keychain light to replace the ARC I lost some time back..how are these for 12.50? I did a search but couldn't find much on them...seems the LOD gets all the attention...I assume it's a single mode which is fine for a keychain light....

You didn't find much on the E01? There should be a lot of info on these already.

I think they're still a good value although the relatively recent AAA lights around the $20 - $25 range did take a away a lot of E01's thunder. But if you need runtime rather than output, than the E01 still is a great value.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's a nice, small, and tough little light with a good runtime. Single mode, 5mm LED light.

I was given one last year around this time with my name etched into it, but my friend decide to throw it up(as in throw it upwards toward the ceiling) and it has been gone for quite a while now.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
My goodness !

Did yer' friend have a difficult time Swallowing it ? ? ?

:barf:

_

Hummm, I don't think that's what I was meaning to write. He took the light and tossed it upwards and it go stuck somewhere in the ceiling too high for anyone to get to.

nbp

Flashaholic
Some threads here, here, here, here, here, here to get you started. Threre are many more around as well.

It's a fantastic keychain light. To quote myself in that last linked thread,

"Find me a tougher, more dependable, longer running light for my keys for under $15 and I will buy it. :grin2:"

Hope that helps. :)

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlamOn, I can recommend the E01 as a tough single mode. If you want brightness then go for the ITP A3 or the Maratac AAA.

Hummm, I don't think that's what I was meaning to write. He took the light and tossed it upwards and it go stuck somewhere in the ceiling too high for anyone to get to.
:crackup: Thats a good one! I lost one of mine but thats not so funny.:mad:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i needed a backup light if i was out fishing etc or if i was going hiking, i would take my Fenix E01 over any other AAA light. It's simple, reliable, has enough output in the dark and has 10 hrs runtime with another 11 in 'moon' mode. Its still running on the 1st AAA cell that i have put in it and it gets checked every 2-3 weeks to make sure the AAA isnt leaking (using alkaline primaries).

Get it, its a light that everyone should have at least one of.

d1337

Enlightened
It used to be difficult to decide between the LD01 and the E01. Each had its strengths and weaknesses. The Ld01 (or l0d-ce before it) always had poor runtimes. The runtimes on low were never as long as they were rated and not even close to the e01. The E01 always had good runtimes but had a terrible tint and lacked the versatility of multi levels. For me the Maratac AAA has given the best of both. It's smaller than eather of the fenixs, has a great tint, longer runtimes and more useful modes. It costs double what the E01 costs but less than the LD01. If you can swing the $30 I would highly recommend this light. ITP makes A3 eos for even cheaper with most of the same qualities (I just don't like the styling of the ITP).

lundeholm

Newly Enlightened
The fenix e01 is an amazing light with great value but it has a really ugly beam. Mine is oval, has several rings and comes with a nasty purple center :shakehead Despite this I've been carrying it since I got it in may 2008 and it hasn't failed me once.

Last edited:

stienke

Enlightened

I have a new EO Fenix , if you want it send me a pm and you get it for free!

Best Regards
Gerjan

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EO1 has long run time, is tough, durable, small and easy to use.

Yes, the beam is ugly, not the brightest thing but enough for mild walking around. Load a lithium AA E2 Energizer into it for 12 to 14 hours of perfectly flat regulated run time and attach it to something that needs light. Maybe the bag that your tent goes into, just hook it to the zipper.

The light runs the LED at spec, regulation is ruler flat and it tail stands. It was what I wanted my Arc AAA to be but that never happened. I've been beating mine for 18 months as part time keychain light and it works well.

I wished Fenix would get a nicer LED for it but it was chosen for brightness and long run times. Other great LED AAA lights are the Peak series with Luxeon Rebel and 4sevens Preon with XP-G LEDs. They do cost in the 40 to $55 range but you have many more options.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
a few weeks ago I got 5 E01s for EDC and to put to the backpacks of the family.
Simply the perfect small EDC light, with its long runtime.
If I need more light, then I switch to a bigge light offering some runtime also (= 1*18650 powered)

PS: all of the 5 have very nice beams, 2 are a bit on the blue side, but most of them were ment for backup, so ...

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you must get a Fenix light, then get the LD01. You can run it like an E01 on low. Of course, the beam is much better and multi modes makes it a much better light. With something like the LD01 (again if you must get a Fenix light) you have one light that can be used on low for long battery life, and on medium and high for REAL work. And you only have to carry one light. I bought an E01 and returned it after a week. And that's was a year ago when choices for single AAA lights were very limited. Now with so many great choices available, I don't even have to consider dim, one-mode, limited use lights.

BTW, all the lights I have ever bought have never failed me including the returned Fenix E01 (except when the battery is really low; but then that's battery not the light). The point is don't people get tired of saying "this light has never failed me"?

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you must get a Fenix light, then get the LD01. You can run it like an E01 on low. Of course, the beam is much better and multi modes makes it a much better light. With something like the LD01 (again if you must get a Fenix light) you have one light that can be used on low for long battery life, and on medium and high for REAL work. And you only have to carry one light. I bought an E01 and returned it after a week. And that's was a year ago when choices for single AAA lights were very limited. Now with so many great choices available, I don't even have to consider dim, one-mode, limited use lights.

BTW, all the lights I have ever bought have never failed me including the returned Fenix E01 (except when the battery is really low; but then that's battery not the light). The point is don't people get tired of saying "this light has never failed me"?
I would skip right past the LD01 and on to the Maratac or ITP AAA offerings. The low on the LD01 is WAY too high and will not run nearly as long as the E01 especially on alkalines, also it won't fire up near dead cells either.

I still think that the E01 has its place and does what its meant to very well.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
As most ppl above have said. The Fenix E01 is a great light with awesome runtime, but it is very overshadowed by the ITP which can be had for 20.50 plus shipping.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The generosity around here never fails, very cool gesture Stienke lovecpf

I'd take him up on that offer, E0 is a good keychain light.

Wow that is nice. In some respects I still like my E0 better than my E01. its not as bright, but it had a really pretty beam pattern and it looked really nice.

sabre7

Enlightened
As most ppl above have said. The Fenix E01 is a great light with awesome runtime, but it is very overshadowed by the ITP which can be had for 20.50 plus shipping.

The iTP/Maratac AAAs have overshadowed all of the Fenix AAAs, if not the the entire AAA market and made others seem obsolete and overpriced.