Question on SF A2 LED Assembly

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
How do you remove it [the LED assembly]?

Does it require removing the three small Phillips head screws? If so, where can you get the right size screw driver?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually some are Philips screws - mine are. I guess they switched at some point, but which ones came first, I don`t know. My guess would be the Philips type since my A2 is from pretty early on. They are really tiny and quite delicate so it`s probable that they switched to slotted ones following some stripping of the heads in assembly/dissasembly...?

Try your local opticians - they`re sure to sell the itsy bitsy screwdrivers seperately. Either that, or electronics places. Might have to buy a set of different ones but they do come in handy for all sorts of things.

wink.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stand corrected, thought they all were slotted. It makes sense, I almost stripped mine while scuffing the LEDs to get rid of the rings.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Success ...

Mine is definitely a Philips head unit. Radio Shack sells small screw drivers sets [6 drivers/set] for about $5.00. They have both slotted and Philips sets. The 1.6 mm fits perfect.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I understand that the screws will be switched to "Allen" socket head screws.

- Don