anyone interested in an altoid tin PSK build sharing thread?

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
just trying to see if any other gear heads here would be interested in showing other members/sharing ideas what they regard as the best components of an altoid tin PSK.

supasizefries

Enlightened
It's not exactly an Altoids tin but here's mine. It used to be in an Altoids tin before I expanded.

PICT8694.jpg

PICT8696.jpg

PICT8695.jpg

PICT8693.jpg

PICT8690.jpg

PICT8699.jpg

PICT8688.jpg

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Thanks- I see components from Doug Ritters PSK and possibly a BCB tin- I was thinking about ordering one of those and the pouch- nice set up.
I have the Ritter clear pouch PSK and have added several items- derma blade (heard too many horror stories about the loose scalpel blade puncturing packs/carriers). Also added bestglide fresnel lens card in the red pouch and a few extra sparklite tinders.

supasizefries

Enlightened
Yeah you pretty much nailed my setup. I bought a Ritter PSK and added things to it that I thought would be useful.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
good picture of the pouch- I never knew that it had an additional front compartment- the NATO lifeboat matches are nice- but I dislike the striker that comes on top of the supplied round white container- seems like it wears out rather fast- takes a lot more practice to ignite them then you would think- but they reignite if blown out and produce a more intense sustained heat. thanks for sharing.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
good point too many....by Altoids tin- I am refering to a popular breath mint container - Altoids- although any rectangular metal tin approx.4.5" x 3" x 1" will suffice.

ybox_2_ext.jpg

Last edited: