About the Preon 2 (ordered)

1Lumen

Newly Enlightened
I've poured over most of all teh threads I could find and ordered the blue 2 version yesterday.

I've had a Fenix L0D on the keychain for a couple years but this Preon 2 just seems unable to pass up.

It's a shame the post office doesn't travel at the speed of light. ;)

Tapping fingers...

Steve

DigMe

Enlightened
You're really going to regret it...

I mean that you're going to regret not buying the kit instead. :D

brad

Prat

Newly Enlightened
Yep.. You've got it... Flashaholism!
:welcome:

Lol, and so quickly too! After only one post! :D

You're really going to regret it...

I mean that you're going to regret not buying the kit instead. :D

brad

Yea, for like $4 more you can have it all. I'm really thinking of ordering the kit in gold.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the blue one as well. I really thought it was going to replace my old Fenix L0D on my keychain, but I liked the 2*AAA format a lot. Plus, it looks too nice to just junk up on the keychain.

-Cameron

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
mine (kit) depends on what I'm wearing. If I have a shirt pocket, it's a preon2 with clip, else it's 1aaa on the keyring.

DigMe

Enlightened
I believe other online stores still have kits. I would check but I'm on my phone right now. Sorry.

brad

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
The Preon kits are just temporarily out of stock at 4sevens.com, right? I was planning to buy a black Preon kit next month. I hope they're not discontinued! :eek:

spoonrobot

Enlightened
The Preon kits are just temporarily out of stock at 4sevens.com, right? I was planning to buy a black Preon kit next month. I hope they're not discontinued! :eek:

I think the kits are done:

Speaking of kits - heres the plan when the kits run out, we're not going to going to make another batch. Instead the singles and the parts should fill in the void. The original thought with the kits was to satisfy the needs of CPF'ers to "lego" their lights. When these hit the big boxes, they'll be singles to keep things simple.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2414009&postcount=265

:mecry:

Prat

Newly Enlightened
Gee whiz! I guess I should decide whether or not I really want a kit or not before they are gone! :poof:

I thought they were too good of a deal (in comparison to the cost of the single lights at least) to last. :thinking:

Runo

Newly Enlightened
Heya,

Phew, they're gone now? Glad that I was spontaneous enough and ordered my red kit on Jan 28th!:twothumbs

Jojo

1Lumen

Newly Enlightened
It's a shame the post office doesn't travel at the speed of light. ;)

Tapping fingers...
The blue Preon 2 is here, almost at the speed of light. Shipped Friday, here on Monday!

The flashlight didn't have a serial number. That must have been a status symbol for early owners. Oh well.

The shade of blue of the flashlight is identical to how it looks in the web photos.

I'd read the modes guide elsewhere here and I was instantly right at home using it. One question I had was it says to turn the bezel tight to turn it on but since you can click it on, can't the bezel just be left tight all the time?

The design and shape of the Preon 2 is beautiful. It should win a design award!

I've never owned 160 lumens! :cool:

Steve

Link Archer VI

Newly Enlightened
The serial numbers were only on Titanium Preons, and only the first 1000. The "tighten the bezel to turn on" is for when you use it as a twisty, with clicky you can just leave it tight all the time, or you can loosen it for lockout so the light won't turn on accidentally.

1Lumen

Newly Enlightened
A couple extra mentions...

The blue Preon 2 came with 2 O-rings and a keychain ring. Trouble is, I didn't see where to attach the link. On this morning's reinspection of the parts, one of the O-rings has the micro loop to attach the key ring on it. I have a spare lobster claw that would make it easy to off-load from the keychain. However, for me the Preon 2 is a shirt pocket "standalone" flashlight. It was just a pleasant surprise.

And there's something to be said of the box the Preon 2 came cradled in. It reminded me of the iPhone box beauty and ruggedness (for those familiar). It "oozed" confidence that the flashlight inside was a quality product! And it proved true.

Maybe in the future the Preon 2 will shoot out sun flares!? :)

Steve

Last edited: