Need help with Good flashlight

Brian321

Enlightened
Hello i am new to good quality flashlights(i have had cheap ones) and i am looking for a good quality light that is durable and somewhat light weight for camping/outdoor use with preferably around 400+ lumens but the more the better, I am looking for a good beam throw and a little flood, I prefer either HID or LED and preferably less than $300.

P.S. I will also be using this for hiking if it is light enough and has a decent run time. Thanks you guys for all the help.

cistallus

Enlightened

ranmcc

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Dereelight V3 3smo mce. I like it alot it is a good combination of throw and spill. I use it around the house at night and it will light up the front and back yard nicely.
I also have a Tiablo A9, but it does not have enough spill for me. I am going to try an OP lens to see if that will help.

I spent alot of time researching on CPF and got the Dereelight because of its upgradeability that's what sold me.

Brian321

Enlightened
You have lost all meaning to what is bright and, you need more power:shrug:! (1800+)

That pretty much sums it up for me:grin2:,

carrot

Flashaholic
I think I answered your question over at EDCF. To paraphrase, you don't need 500+ lumens, get a Malkoff M61 and a compatible Surefire.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
+1 for the malkoff, simple easy and perfect, you will not be disappointed, there will be plenty of time later in your collecting career to "fine tune" exactly what light you want for each unique situation...but odds are you will still use the malkoff+surefire for almost everything, and its a perfect match for almost anything

Brian321

Enlightened
I think I answered your question over at EDCF. To paraphrase, you don't need 500+ lumens, get a Malkoff M61 and a compatible Surefire.
Can you please post a link as to where i can find a Malkoff M61? I have looked everywhere and they are all sold out?

carrot

Flashaholic
Can you please post a link as to where i can find a Malkoff M61? I have looked everywhere and they are all sold out?
Try emailing or calling Mr. Malkoff. I believe he is not ready to sell them through his web store but has a few already built.