EDC in Car?

smiler82

Newly Enlightened
There's been lots of EDC on person threads, but what about the lights you all EDC in your cars? Maybe it should be EDT for every day transport?

In my '01 Cherokee I've got:

Mag 3d stock (terralux on the way) mounted to drivers seat
SF G2 in glovebox
SL Polytac in mini go bag
Fenix E20 in go Bag
Fenix L2T in go Bag
Minimag in go bag
Mag 2d under second seat

There's an army surplus near me, and I've found plenty of great packs there for setting up a vehicle like this...

What are you driving around with?

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I normally just have my EDC in my pockets/edc bag
i will be mounting a rechargeable light (Magcharger, Ultrastinger or Inova T4) in my next car, within reach of the drivers seat.
I really want a Maxabeam, or SL Litebox HID to mount in the boot though, for those "really need lots of light" moments

EDIT - you know your a flashaholic if - you get a Maxabeam a year and a half later, but still don't have the new car

Last edited:

chelboed

Newly Enlightened
So Smiler...you're saying you have 7 flashlights in your car? What do you do in your car that your EDC in your pocket can't handle?

Last edited:

corvettesR1

Enlightened
I have yet to place any lights in my glove boxes. Thanks for reminding me.I have been meaning to do that. Ill probably just place a a few Romisen single mode lights around in my cars.They are very dependable with out being too high $$$.

smiler82

Newly Enlightened
So Smiler...you're saying you have 7 flashlights in your car? What do you do in your car that your EDC in your pocket can't handle?
Well I think i'd have a tough time wearing a suit to work with a mag3d in my pocket! :D I dont really like a lot in my pockets (gave up my key fobs just cause their so big). I do plenty of camping and outdoor stuff (night trail walks) so I like to have lots of lights to loan or carry when I'm out.

On my person, I edc a Fenix e01, and an Inova X1. Looking at the Quark's to upgrade what I put in my pocket... I'm thinking a 123 and a ti Preon...

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
7 is still reasonable amount in my mind..

1. cheap spotlite that can run from 12v source.
2. solarforce L2m (and L2 body) cr123 and 18650
3. ultrafire cr123 flashlight (cant recall what it was)
4. dx ezaa fake. AA
5. dx led lenser p5 fake. AA
6. uk4aa incan (plastic body) 4AA
7. cheap incan 2D with magnet.
8. about 6 fauxtons, few loose and 4 tied down in different locations.
9. alpkit gamma headlamp 3AAA
10. not sure if i have forgotten some.

and.. 4 cr123 batteries. 2 AA lithiums. one 18650. 4 alkaline AA. and one AAA lithium (meant for my itp eos that i carry in my pocket).

should streamline my lineup.. it might be an overkill.. (especially as i do carry 3-4 lights on me anyways..)

but i cant see my car going on without atleast 4-5 lights in future either...
1. flashlight that can use more than one battery type. (romisen n3 maybe)
2. headlamp (AA or cr123)
3. powerful 12v light
4. flashlight that has blinker modes and traffic cone/wand and uses same battery type as headlamp and/or #1

vali

Enlightened
E01 in cars keychain, Romisen RC-I3 in glovebox.

Thinking about a ITP A3 SS in keychain, Zebralight H501 in glovebox and Fenix LD20 in the trunk.

Of course, I have my AA MiNi allways with me ;).

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova X5
Inova T1 (TIROS)
Yellow 2D cell industrial flashlight converted with an LED drop-in (floody, long runtime)

Inova XO2 and X1 in a versipack kept in the vehicle

Replaced dome and cargo lights with bright Rebel LED modules

Installed 2 lithium battery operated LED touch lights on ceiling

All LED flashlights (except for 2D flashlight) are powered by lithium primary batteries.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have these in my pickup truck:

Mag 2D Rebel
MiniMag multi-mode
Hipwell plastic 2D with red traffic cone
Princeton Tec Aurora headlamp
Surefire G2 with Malkoff M60LL
A handfull of Fauxtons to give away (maybe 5 or 6)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
yeah.. preparedness is good.

orange wand works as an alerting device for other drivers also. use the flashlight in blinker mode.. (sos strobe etc) to make sure drivers by know something is up.

i have used by the roadside as "drive around this point" as the unfortunate guys whom had a flat tire were changing spare on. i dropped it on the pavement so drivers by see it flashing and wont drive too close by as they are/were attracted and "blinded" by the hazard lights. (and shone the other light i had to the task in hand..)

i have used it as directing traffic also when friends boat fell off the trailer and it was in bad spot on the road.

Igor Porto

Enlightened
Fenix L2T in glove box (plus 6 Eneloops besides it) and Nitecore EZ 123 (plus 4 CR123s in glove box) in house keys, which always stays in the car when I'm out.

Plus Nitecore D10 on me, and maybe an Olight M20 or Catapult on my hands or backpack.

Gee why do I carry so many lights? Am I crazy?

The Hawk

Enlightened
Brinkman 3 watt D cell lives in my daily driver. Also one of those 9 bulb LED 3 AAA lites in glove box. 2 Million candlepower spotlight that is rechargable or run off cig. plug lives in vehicle as well. They all get along just fine.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like being prepared...but I don't ever plan to direct traffic.:shrug:

I was once the first person on the scene of a rolled vehicle in a canyon on a busy two lane road. It was so soon after, the tires were still spinning on the upside down car. Once I had determined the passengers were all unhurt, directing traffic turned out to be the most valuable and useful function I could perform. That and telling the drivers that everyone was OK and to keep moving. I'm quite sure that my using a light to direct traffic saved some people an hour in a totally unnecessary traffic jam. It allowed the EMTs and cops to get up the hill faster, too.

You just don't know what role circumstances may thrust you into, particularly in an emergency. :shrug:

ballisticmike

Newly Enlightened
i keep a cheap Darcy brand LED light in my truck, the kind with several led's they are about 5.00 at walmart. Because i dont care it it gets lost or stolen. BUT, if i do upgrade i would keep something bigger and brighter than the mini123 i just bought. I used to keep a Brinkman 1 million candlepower in the back seat, years ago when i was in my 20's. One of our buddys lived in a highrise appartment building. We would park a couple blocks away and light up the whole building for 10 seconds then turn light off and watch as dozens of residents would start gawking out the windows. They didnt know where it came from! wait 10 minutes and repeat. We laughed our asses off. Anyway its how we hailed our buddy and he would come downstairs and knew where we parked.:crackup:Ahh, some of the best days of my life..

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I keep my Princeton Tec EOS in my car. If you need a light in your vehicle, a headlamp is best for changing a tire or checking underneath the hood.

I also have a rescue tool that incorporates a white and a red LED light as part of its features. But I mainly bought it for its seat-belt cutter and its center-punch features.

dcycleman

Enlightened
wow, you all make me feel under prepared. i have a 4 D malk mag on clips screwd to the side of my truck seat, and whatever edc i have in my pocket, oh yeah, i usually have my toolbelt in the truck box with my 6PL in that as well. but i am defintly going to throw a headlamp in the glove now that im thinkin of it.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I keep cheaper lights in my car since I have had cars broken into and stuff stole out of them about every 7-8 years on average. I have a taskforce 3AA, cheap 3x5mm 3AAA headlamp that removes from the band with a magnet on it, good for attaching in spots to light things up. Sears 3AAA luxeon, and a 4AA doublebright for flood and long running 5mm LED light. You don't need more than 3-4 lights stored in your car for everyday use because whenever you do decide to take a trip you can take more lights and most flashaholics edc lights on them also. Plastic flashlights are nice to have in cars as you tend to drop a flashlight often working on a car.

1 what

Enlightened
Inova T3 (Trios). One day I'll pull it out and mod it but in the meantime it just lives there.
Inova 24/7 with the magnetic foot attached. A great emergency beacon that will stick anywhere on the car body.
The 123 primary cells stand up to the heat in the glovebox.