New Eagletac T100C2 Runtime Test

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, today I recieved my new Eagletac T100C2 from 'Illumination Gear' and I have to say on the whole I am very impressed. I got the NW version with OP reflector and the beam is quite simply perfect, no flaws at all and a very smooth creamy transition from hotspot to spill, very similar to my D10 GDP's beam, but in NW :twothumbs

Secondly, the runtime is incredible, I have been running a test on a cheap Trustfire 2400 18650 cell from DX and the light is still running now after about 3 hours 15 minutes! Although it has been starting to dim for a little while now.

Now for the question though: From what I can see by eye the light has kept a constant output from start to finish before slowly dropping off for the last 25 minutes or so, as reported by the runtime graphs of other testers.

However I repeatedly checked the multi-meter every half hour or so during my test, and the current draw remained practically level the whole time, starting at 0.83A then dropping to 0.82A for about an hour and a half, before going to 0.79A for another hour or so and finally dropping slowly to about 0.5A as the cell hit 3.6V.

This would all seem perfectly as expected, and maybe this is a stupid question, but I was under the impression that for a truly level output the current draw should actually rise to accommodate any voltage drop. This hasnt been the case in my test as it has stayed very level throughout. The question is does this mean the actual output of the light will have been slowly dropping, or am I missing something? :thinking:

I'd just like to say, even if the output isn't completely constant then this is still an incredible light for the price. I would highly recommend both it, Illumination Gear as a vendor, and also these Black and Red Trustfire cells from DX which really seem to be punching well above their weight. :thumbsup:

Thanks for any help.

RF

Last edited:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not fully regulated but it maintains pretty flat, any 18650 flashlight that can achieve 3 hours at high with a single battery is a winner to me.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I get friends over they have looked at some of my collection and asked of the lights I own which is the best deal. I always show the T100C2 and say this one hands down is the best value. After telling them the price and showing the performance and telling runtimes a couple friends has now actually got into lights themselves and I like to think it is all because of the value of the T100C2.

If their is a better quality light with the runtimes, performance and price of the T100C2 I have missed it and someone please tell me otherwise.

ky70

Banned
If their is a better quality light with the runtimes, performance and price of the T100C2 I have missed it and someone please tell me otherwise.

I'd like to hear it about that light too. I'm in my 2nd week of ownership of the T100C2 and the light just blows me away. I now have my eye on Eagletac lights and am waiting for the PC20C to hit the market.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took the light out last night along with my TK20 as a tint reference, and I have to say the tint on the Eagletac mixed with the smooth beam pattern simply looks like sunlight rather than simply a warm tinted led.

The CRI seems quite a bit higher than my other NW and WW lights, with a sort of hidden pinkish hue somewhere mixed in there, it makes the TK20 look more a sort of pale yellow colour in comparison, and previously I had thought the CRI on that was really good.

All in all, a very good light, the only problem now is that sometimes I just completely forget that it's night time at all! :twothumbs