Any change in NOVATAC regulation for the latest models ??

radu1976

Enlightened
Does somebody know if the newer NOVATAC flashlights - SPL-120, STORMs - have other regulation than the older models ?
I hope they have changed the circuit , the regulation of the older models was the only factor that stopped me from getting one :
http://www.light-reviews.com/novatac_120p/

If there is any change I would buy a STORM but if the regulation is still poor , an RA clickie would be my option !
Thank you for your inputs !

Last edited:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure Novatac's still using the same driver designs... They've kind of been "lights on, but nobody home" since the HDS engineers left to start Ra lights. I believe their models use basically the same driver as is in an older HDS systems light, but with an upgraded emitter, as runtime graphs I've seen are very similar between the two...

Also, the quality of the newer models has really been a question around here. Many people are dissatisfied with the fit, finish, machining, etc. of the newer models. Also, while the E, T, and P models are still made in the US, and feature HA-III coatings, the newer models are made in China, and only feature II annodizing.