I love it when the left bends over

Tomas

Banned
... does make me wonder about the "security" of "private conversations" held in the conference rooms, though ...

Security system musta been designed by Microsoft. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good thing they weren't talking about anything highly classified ...

tape.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
The Peoples Republic of Taxifornication- Really looking forward to being able to exit!!!

Larry

Darell

Flashaholic
Man, this ruins my vision of the whole political thing. All this time I figured that every politician said the same thing in public as he did in private.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm shocked. I guess the simplest thing to do is not believe anything which comes from politicians. Easy.

Mmmm, the blissful calm of ignorance.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

Graham

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
It's a lucky thing this wasn't the Republicans or you would see calls for mass resignations and a long term investigation into party ethics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Yeah, remember the several day media frenzy when Bush made a major league mistake by using a word EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US HAS USED to describe a certain reporter over an open mike? These folks are actually conspiring to do harm to their constituents and I was lucky to find a single news article about on a website.

Darell

Flashaholic
You mean it was lucky that it wasn't the Republicans caught this time? The Democrats aren't any more famous for this kind of stuff than are the Republicans.

Still looking for a point here. But I promise not to try too hard.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Good point Darell, this really isn't news compared to 16 words in a 5,000 words speech. Let's just sweep it under the rug and talk about how bad Bush is again.

I do believe the part about "it wasn't the Republicans caught this time?"

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
Good point Darell, this really isn't news compared to 16 words in a 5,000 words speech.

[/ QUOTE ]
The bigger point is that NONE of it is news. Why bring it up either way?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I missed seeing that same comment from you in any of the WMD/Who do we hang threads but I do agree.

Yes, yes, yes, now we are on the same page. I wouldn't miss the words, Republican, Democrat, liberal, conservative, Bush and Clinton if they were banned for about a year. I have spent the last 6 months on the defensive and look forward to switching to the offense next year. Come the fall of 04 I will be primed for the debate but until then I could take it or leave it.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I brought it up because we both have preconceived notions about the opposition. Our dirty laundry is aired everyday. It is a rare day when the left has their as* hanging out in the breeze like this.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
The bigger point is that NONE of it is news. Why bring it up either way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Politicians caught plotting to intentionally shirk their duties and knowingly damage the state and its citizens, all to gain political power -- and that's not news?!?

I thought I was jaded.

Empath

Flashaholic
Can you name the party?
* some are paraphrased.

1) "It is the right of government to lie to protect itself."

2) "Read my lips, No New Taxes."

3) "I did not have sex with that woman."

4) "You don't know how to lie." "If you can't lie, you'll never go anywhere."

5) "I am not a crook."

6) "For all I know, our Navy was shooting at whales out there."

7) ""This tax relief is for everyone who pays income taxes."

(Hint: They're not all the same party)

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
I missed seeing that same comment from you in any of the WMD/Who do we hang threads but I do agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want me to point out all the political non-news that is posted here, I won't have time for prostate cancer prevention.

A similar question could be posed: Where are your comments in THIS thread about bringing up irrelevant issues just to get a rise from the "opposition?" Is this simply tit for tat?

I don't have time for tat.

Mud-slinging is what I like least about politics. And of course each side does it only because the OTHER side does it. Which side is gonna be mature enough to stop first? Ha. It'll never happen. Does that bother anybody else? Imagine if all this time and effort were put into finding out what is RIGHT with our system - and expanding on it. Here we have Dave just pawing at the earth waiting to toss huge handfulls of mud when he can. Why? Because it was tossed at him earlier. Hmmm. Wonder why the mud is being slung his way currently? Maybe because it was tossed the other way in the last administration? Again - which side can be mature enough to stop this cycle?

I don't have the time or a point that anybody cares about, so I'm done here.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
DieselDave said: ...look forward to switching to the offense next year.

Offense...Defense... I don't know why it has to be about this. Most of us (I think) want what's best for people (starting with ourselves first...then gradually working our way out from relatives, friends, neighbors...and finally others we DON'T know). So... it's too bad that some think of this as some sort of battle, instead of just discussing and figuring out what will work best.

But...knowing that some peope DO feel this way...has made me decide not to post on any of these topics unless I can see points where I see agreement with the forum administrators. If I disagree...I just let it pass. If I can see a point of agreement, then I might post. Sure has saved me a lot of time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif