Jetbeam problems

boxerdog23

Newly Enlightened
I really love my Jetbeam M, but lately its been not working very well. I am a police officer and use it just about every night and rotate a few different batteries after they charge, so I know its probably not a battery issue.

What happens is the light is not running at full power, I would say its about 60%. I had this happen about a month ago, but it went away. What can I do ?

I have been running the same three batteries since september. thanks

chef4850

Enlightened
have you tried primary batteries to see if there is a difference?
Is the "infinite brightness" set to the highest level?
Did you clean all the contacts?
If all this fails JB will take care of you.
How long have you had the light?
Who did you purchase the light through? BOG has great CC and they will take care of you as well (if that is in fact where you purchased the light from)

Chef

HIDblue

Enlightened
I had a similar problem after I bought a new Jet-III M. The light would not go into max brightness mode at all. It would only go into the user-defined mode. It was a brand new light which bummed me out to no end that it was defective.

I bought it from Bug Out Gear, so I returned the Jet-III M and exchanged/upgraded to a Raptor RRT-2, which I'm still waiting for...:whistle:

If cleaning/lubing the threads and contacts and trying new primary CR123A batts doesn't work, contact the vendor you bought it from and see what they'll do for you.

If they won't do anything, I found JETBeam's customer service email on the back of my JETBeam Warranty card: [email protected]. Maybe you can give them a shot.

Hope this helps.

BeeMan458

Banned
and exchanged/upgraded to a Raptor RRT-2, which I'm still waiting for...:whistle:

Just got one of these babies in today from Bug Out Gear and all I can say in the simple is, it's a definite keeper. Everything about this light is done and feels right. Once you have the RRT-2 in your hand, you'll forget all about your traded in Jet-III M. This is a light worth getting excited over.

:party:

I don't know what it is but this light has that certain special something about it.

(Did that get your juices flowing?)

:naughty:

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
on my jet M i over tightened the bezel, i mean really tighten it down because i want the head and body to line with a certain way. afterward it didnt come on max anymore. then after some inspection i figured the brass ring with the 2 dimples came lose. i got the right sized socket, and a hammer, and pounded the brass ring back in place. now its working fine, and the head and body lines up like i want it to.

so in short, check the brass ring on the underside of the head.

boxerdog23

Newly Enlightened
what is the best way to clean the contacts , I need to get this light up and running.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
and exchanged/upgraded to a Raptor RRT-2, which I'm still waiting for...:whistle:

Just got one of these babies in today from Bug Out Gear and all I can say in the simple is, it's a definite keeper. Everything about this light is done and feels right. Once you have the RRT-2 in your hand, you'll forget all about your traded in Jet-III M. This is a light worth getting excited over.

:party:

I don't know what it is but this light has that certain special something about it.

(Did that get your juices flowing?)

:naughty:

Agree whole heartedly. I took delivery of a ti RRT2 a couple weeks ago and am it love with it.

Great UI, very slick, snik snik into modes, zero play in the ring and throws very well. Very high build quality.

Looks even better in the hand than photos.

boxerdog23

Newly Enlightened
Its a no go. Cleaning the contacts did not improve the light, although it did go to maximum power for a few minutes , but went back to a lesser power.

One other thought is the batteries, I have been using two 18650 and charging them up every few days. Only a few times have I completely drained the batteries. thoughts?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If you're going to run li-ions, a multimeter is a prerequisite; Harbor Freight has one for $5: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?itemnumber=90899

Measure the open voltage of each battery, each should be between 3.6 to 4.2 volts. If one is/any are below 3 volts or over 4.2 volts, that battery will have to be replaced. Running li-ion cells with outside of their conditioned voltage range is very dangerous and can lead to explosion, so it's very important you monitor them frequently.

Also, you should never run down a li-ion to the point that the light cuts off; always recharge at 3.6 volts. If you're using unprotected li-ions, running them until the light cuts out severely damages the cell and will sometimes kill it instantly.

Last edited: