Setting up credit card paypal account

TOB9595

Enlightened
I'd like to set up a separate credit card account in paypal and keep the non credit card account I have.
I tried regging a different email address with my street address paypal has on file. Paypal wouldn't accept the different email addie.
They did accept another bank account designated as the credit card account. I don't remember if it's called premier, business or whatever. With the charges associated with the ability to accept credit cards.
I was just about to verify the bank deposit paypal made when I thought if this will make problems for me.
My question is this:
Folks having two accounts, one credit card the other cash (no costs) how do you switch back and forth between the two types of account?
Do I simply make the primary account changes in paypal website each time I get a credit card vs. cash transaction?
Should I just make another account with another email address and another (my parents) street address?
I know there will be folk here who've experienced this already.
As always thanks for any info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a premier account for several years that I've used at eBay because lots of eBayers want to use CC's. I just set up a Personal account a few days ago for avoiding the fees on non CC payments. All I did was open a new account with a different e-mail addy. using the same street address as my original account. I don't have a second checking acct. to link to, so I am not able to have the money transferred electronically into an account and must request a mailed check instead. I haven't actually had to request a check yet though. I've been spending the balance in my account on flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, with no checking account linked, you are considered "unverified". This wouldn't be a problem if a buyer knew or trusted you implicitly, but could potentially "scare" a buyer that does not. If you have a second checking account, you could link one to eack PayPal account and you'd be all set.

Anyway this is how I did it, there may be another "better" way, but this is working for me. Hope this helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

TOB9595

Enlightened
Thanks litfuse, With your feedback I just instituted the premier account.
So I am now able to take CC's without screwing with the main account /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom