Where can I buy a Thrunite Catapult SST-50 with an OP Reflector???

HIDblue

Enlightened
Does anyone know where I can buy a Thrunite Catapult SST-50 with the OP reflector???

I checked the CPF reliable shops that usually carry the Catapult (BatteryJunction & GoingGear) but BatteryJunction is backordered and Going Gear only has it with the SMO reflector.

What is there a shortage on Catapults??? :shakehead

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive have my catapult smo for about 4 days now from GG. they received about 8, and seemed to sell out in a week. and after receiving mine i can understand why. this light is awesome for its cost, only lights i can think of that is better and brighter, would cost at least twice as much.

i wanted throw. so i went with the smo reflector. the beam is very nice during use. smaller hotspot, but better throw than my friends M1X. tint is mixed up on mine, the hotspot is pure blinding white, the corona is yellowish, and the spill is purplish. overall its cooler than the M1X. its much heavier too, but the balance feels better than the M1X.

i was going to recommend Batteryjunction. since i know GG is out of stock, just wanted to let you know that you shouldnt give up on the catapult, and it would be worth the wait.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Thanks for the description skyfire, especially about the pros over the M1X. It took me a while before I settled on wanting the Catapult over the M1X. I think it was the M1X's beam having a donut hole at distance and cross hairs up close that kinda pushed me over to the Catapult.

Glad to see you're satisfied with your Catapult with the SMO reflector. For my needs, I prefer the OP reflector so the wait will have to continue...

Now, when will they come back into stock at Battery Junction or GoingGear...:candle:

Igor Porto

Enlightened
HIDBlue, I find myself preferring the OP reflector in my Catapult. It produces a very smooth and perfect beam, wide enough to be called a wall of light. Yet it throws almost as much as the SMO reflector, in practical conditions I don't notice a difference in throw at all.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Thanks Igor Porto. I'd prefer the OP for the same exact reasons. I'm willing to give up some throw for a better beam and a little extra flood...that's just what suits my needs.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going Gear appears to have the OP reflector in stock. But not the light... no one appears to have the light at the moment.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Yeah, there apparently is a shortage on Catapults right now. No worries. The longer I wait, the more I start second guessing the whole Catapult purchase. It's a great sturdy light with awesome throw, but not much spill/flood compared to others in the class.

Now, I'm thinking maybe the Jet M2S or Solarforce Masterpiece...so many choices...not enough money...:ironic::broke:

Plus, I figure something better will probably pop up in the near future...