Surefire M6 Magnumlight

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Just won an auction on fleabay for a supposedly new in box original Surefire M6 Magnumlight. To quote

"SUREFIRE MODEL M6 MILLENNIUM MAGNUM TACTICAL FLASHLIGHT
NEW! SEALED! UNOPENED! "

SUREFIREM6MILLENNIUMMAGNUMTACTICALF.png

All I have at this point is a pic of the box. Does it appear to be the original generation M6? Presuming that this actually is the real deal, what are people's thoughts on these older M6's? I already have a current generation M3, M4 and M6 but I love the old school looks of the Magnumlight.

Size15's

Flashaholic
How is your M4 'current'?
Unless you mean that is has a glass-windowed TurboHead rather than the Lexan-window it was first released with (like the M6 pictured on the box in your photo)

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
I guess I consider the different style lens/bezels on the earlier M3/M4 models a different generation. I of course defer to experts such as yourself on technicality of such considerations (no sarcasm).

Any thoughts on my newly acquired box and its contents?

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
One of many I believe.

I find it difficult to believe that there are still new in box M6 Magnumlight's floating around, but who knows.

paulr

Flashaholic
All the recent ones have a scalloped bezel. The ones with smooth bezels seem to be rather rare. I want to buy one someday but not with my current finances. It's possible that they kept using the old boxes for a while after the switchover. I think the scalloped bezels are more popular but I prefer the smooth look.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the "Magnumlight" model M6's with the flat bezel, and I really love it.

It has a much more traditional look to it, then the newer versions with the scallops.

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
The package arrived and everything was as advertised!!! The box was still in its original shrinkwrap plastic packaging and had been completely untouched for all of these years. Inside was a brand new old school Millennium Series M6 Magnumlight!!!! Not bad for a fleabay gamble..

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

Last edited:

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Ha ha, they even faked up an old purple MN20, a pack of old duracells and a circa 2001 instruction sheet.:party:

Petersen

Newly Enlightened
Beware of that MN20,,, wasn't the old Purple ones that had a bad habit of exploding, leaving a layer of fine dust inside the Turbohead?

DM51

Flashaholic
Very nice find! The box must have been left in sunlight for a while - the color has faded and for a minute there I thought you had found an M6 in Blue HA !!

Size15's

Flashaholic
That's because prior to developing their own brand (SF123A), SureFire used Duracell DL123A batteries. Your M6 is from that period.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Lexan window - likely to melt/mottle?
They never even came close to in any of Lexan Millennium TurboHeads I have.
SureFire transitioned to Pyrex because it is easier to clean and makes a more reliable water-tight seal compared to the push-in snap-fit Lexan method.

Illum

Flashaholic
That's because prior to developing their own brand (SF123A), SureFire used Duracell DL123A batteries. Your M6 is from that period.

Which means this M6 was way way earlier than I thought, :wow:
The older surefire catalogs IIRC had DL123As displayed with their lights. But I do not recall seeing an M6 in those catalogs...its good to have PDF catalogs, they'll never get wet from drool or coffee nor will you ever lose them in the cluttered study:nana: