Maglite XL100 Circuitry Issues

Deven4Sevens

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody else have issues with their XL100 not working properly? I just bought mine tonight from Home Depot, and the only way I can get it to turn on is by holding it bezel up in the air, and holding down the button. As soon as I let go of the button, it shuts off. It isn't an issue with the lockout feature, I'm pretty sure. So if anybody has some advice, please let me know! I contacted Mag about it just a second ago, I'll try to share their response on here when I get it.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag is definitely not doing themselves any favors with the quality of their product line as of late.

ama230

Enlightened
i agree with the above post. Return it to home depot as maglite will take forever. They are a great products but there are going to be a few that are going to have problems. I had dropped mine on the carpet and it would not work after that but the place that i had bought it from replaced it no questions asked. When i had contacted maglite they said to ship it out on my own dime and then they would look at it but i need it now, if you know what i mean. Return it to home depot and there will be no problems i guarantee.:)

elumen8

Enlightened
Bummer to hear about your Mag issue. I own five XL100s and a number of my friends have them now as well. None of ours have had any problems to date...and I beat up my lights pretty well. I haven't heard of anyone with problems yet...sucks to be the first.

Sounds like your best bet would be to take it back to HD...I've brought items back to them without any hassle at all.

JB

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened
It isn't an issue with the lockout feature, I'm pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

You might watch the video just to be sure how the lockout feature works, just in case that is the issue.