Which Streamlight LED is brighter?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm debating which light to get next and was wondering which was brighter:

The Streamlight Twin Task 3C (using the 6 LED's only) -or-
The Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA w/ 7 LED's.

I'm leaning toward the TT 3C since it has the added bonus of using the incandescent but I don't want to be disappointed in the performance of the LED's either.

Anyone have any beamshots of these 2 lights?

Also, I like the amount of light the X5T puts out. Will either of these lights produce more light? More is always better, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Or, is there another light I'm forgetting about? I'd like to keep it in the price range of right around $30. Thanks!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't have an SL 4AA 7LED. I do have a 3C 10LED.

I also have and LIKE a 3C Twin Task!

Only two things not to love about the 3C TT, you could probably carry a 4AA around, but 3C is kinda big. And I dislike having "click" 3 LEDs, "click" 6LEDs, "click" Xenon, "click" off.

In contrast my SL 1L TT has "click" LEDs, "click" off, "click" Xenon, "click" off. I can have either mode ready to go with one click (as long as I know which mode).

I keep the 3C TT in my truck. I like it there.

Oh, and I think the 6 LEDs are bright enough considering what they are.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
ChrisM-right, the 3C TT has 3/6 LEDs, which are at least, initially more dim (on 6) than the Propolymer 4AA7LED.

Not enough to get in a snit about however. The 2C TT is a fine, useful light with 3 different levels of illumination.

I have both, and will keep, and use, both.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
JohnK, do you find that the incandescent portion of the 3C is sufficient or do you bring along a brighter or longer throw light as well?

No beamshots? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3C Xenon is fine. It has about the throw of my SL 4AA Propolymer Xenon; a little wider beam (3C), at it's tightest, but more spill light. The flood of the 3C is useful also, but has artifacts, which bother no one unless you're shining it on a wall at 6". No, I don't carry another light when I carry the 3C.

Your question is a little ambigious. For tactical useage (as in pistols), no, it's not as good as a true Tactical light. It is, as the name implies, a Task light, and in that regard, does a fine job in a multitude of uses.

A LOT of people that try the Twin-Tasks, the Nuwai lights, or the similar Surefire A2 in the 2L format, will find they don't want to go back to a single use light. They are that good.

If I could NOT have both lights, I would buy the 3C Twin Task, if the larger size didn't bother me.