Brightest Red LED P60 Drop-in module

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a brighter P60 Red LED module than the Philips Luxeon K2 I already have.

I have done some searches and cannot find any information on Red P60 LEDs on CPF. I also checked the P60 drop-in sticky but did not see any.

For me the Red LED is so useful and I would like a brighter version of the one I normally use. I am not considering a red filter because it is incredibly wasteful as White LEDs don't produce much red light.

The choice of red emitters seems very limited, I have found the references of two versions of the CREE XR-E P4, the normal rated at 150 lumens and the R2 rated at 225 lumens; both on ebay.

I have not listed this in the budget section, but do not want to pay more than $20 for a P60 drop-in (unless it is amazing).

Does anyone know of some good bright Red P60 drop-ins and where to buy them from?

If I have missed any relevant CPF threads, please let me know.

Pacecar

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the new Brinyte BR01 flashlight on DX uses? Probably too big for the P60 format.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the new Brinyte BR01 flashlight on DX uses? Probably too big for the P60 format.

That one looks similar to the Aurora SH-40 body which is a lot bigger than a P60 host.

It states 180Lm for the XP-E red, the Luxeon K2 are supposed to be good for 200Lm (I have seen the one I have rated at both 190Lm and 290Lm not sure if it was a misprint). So not sure this would give me a greater output anyway.

estebanf

Newly Enlightened
I have both and the drop in from DX have 30-40% more lumen than K2 from DX.

I change the driver to one mode and now work great
I try the Brinyte but I will change the reflector to P60
I still search for best red flashlight form factory, tell us if you find some

your K2 is from DX? What driver have K2? and how many mAh work?

:thumbsup:

Camochris2

Newly Enlightened
If any one can point me to where to find a red led drop in something really brite I wil
Be using it for nite hunting

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nailbender makes a red sst90 dropin, that would be brighter than what you have, depending on the battery choice you may be able to go direct drive.

Vinhnyugen makes a red xpe dropin driven as hard as the emitter can go. If you want to have some throw. You won't get a brighter red xpe than that.

You'll need a bigger light if you want more than those two options

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
cree make colored XM-Ls now. still fairly new so it might be hard to get. but its a cheaper option than a SST-90
red XP-E are very available, if your after throw.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
, the Luxeon K2 are supposed to be good for 200Lm .

no they are not.
they rated 75lm @700ma, and 45lm @ 350ma.

ledsupply sells red leds, xp-g\xr-e\rebel, on 20mm stars. they are also sell bare leds, so you can reflow them on stars that will fit in your drop in.

Last edited: