HDS high cri beam

notsofast

Enlightened
My hi cri has a dark ring near the outer portion of the beam. I was told this is with all of these lights.

Do all you hi cri owners have this ring?

EDIT:

I am really looking for descriptions of the beam that owners see....thanks.

Last edited:

notsofast

Enlightened
Don't know how well it would show up in a picture.

Do you have one and it doesn't have the ring?

Imon

Enlightened
I don't have a Ra Clicky high CRI.
I have a Ra Clicky 140 custom and the beam profile is perfect. I do have 2 Streamlights and a Coast flashlight that has what I think you're describing and it's due to imperfect LED centering.

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
I have had a ra high cri the beam is perfect the hotspot is slightly cooler than the than the outer hotspot and side spill, it is only visible on Walls etc it is no problem in normal use

edc3

Enlightened
I ordered my High CRI at around 12am on Wednesday and got it today! Really great service. Thanks Henry!

Anyway, regarding the beam, while I haven't had much of a chance to play with my new light yet, I'll give a description of the beam shining on a white wall. On mine I see a nice, warm white hotspot surrounded with a darker corona, which is surrounded with a cooler spill. When you write, "dark ring near the outer portion of the beam" I assume that that is the darker corona. I believe this is normal and I was expecting it from my research on the High CRI. See https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3196364&postcount=5. I also noticed it another beamshot photo that I can't seem to find at the moment. Hope this helps.

Don

notsofast

Enlightened
I ordered my High CRI at around 12am on Wednesday and got it today! Really great service. Thanks Henry!

Anyway, regarding the beam, while I haven't had much of a chance to play with my new light yet, I'll give a description of the beam shining on a white wall. On mine I see a nice, warm white hotspot surrounded with a darker corona, which is surrounded with a cooler spill. When you write, "dark ring near the outer portion of the beam" I assume that that is the darker corona. I believe this is normal and I was expecting it from my research on the High CRI. See https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3196364&postcount=5. I also noticed it another beamshot photo that I can't seem to find at the moment. Hope this helps.

Don

Ah...yes Don that link gives me the answer I was looking for. This light falls within what is normal for the hi-cri's.

Thanks to all who contributed to my peace of mind.