Photo-shop guys, I need some help.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a friend that is getting married, her dream is to leave in her new John Deere 9230, as pictured below.
The catch is that she wants it pink and I thought I would try and show her what it would look like. Problem is, I have no idea how to.
Here is a 9230, if anyone as the ability to change the green to pink while maintaining the yellow I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks
David

JohnDeere2.jpg

chanjyj

Enlightened
Here you go bud. Next time check out this thread first: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/100070 (my offer of help is the last one).

JohnDeere2.jpg

I have a friend that is getting married, her dream is to leave in her new John Deere 9230, as pictured below.
The catch is that she wants it pink and I thought I would try and show her what it would look like. Problem is, I have no idea how to.
Here is a 9230, if anyone as the ability to change the green to pink while maintaining the yellow I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks
David

JohnDeere2.jpg

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding! But at the risk of sounding ungrateful, is there a lighter, girlier pink?
And thanks, that was pretty darn fast.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Outstanding! But at the risk of sounding ungrateful, is there a lighter, girlier pink?
And thanks, that was pretty darn fast.

How about this?

I know the shade of pink you are looking for. But if I do that, it will look rather unnatural, rather over-saturated, especially in the context of this photograph (the lighting). If you want I'll go ahead.

1JohnDeere2.jpg

OneBigDay

Enlightened
ok guys, this is my last shot at it and I'm outta here. This is same as previous except I noticed from chanjyj's image that I selected too much at the back of the cab where the field shows through - so I fixed that.

Otherwise, maybe not a very natural rendition, but I think it gets the job done with a low res image like this one. With a High Res image and a lot more time spent on the details you could get something that looked more "natural" and without some of the sharp edges.

Have fun guys!

chanjyj

Enlightened
ok guys, this is my last shot at it and I'm outta here. This is same as previous except I noticed from chanjyj's image that I selected too much at the back of the cab where the field shows through - so I fixed that.

Otherwise, maybe not a very natural rendition, but I think it gets the job done with a low res image like this one. With a High Res image and a lot more time spent on the details you could get something that looked more "natural" and without some of the sharp edges.

Have fun guys!

Onebigday, you can isolate the channel colour green and change the hue rather than manually selecting parts on the tractor.

Much less work, and much more professional looking with no clipped edges and what not.

Of course, for images with all kinds of hues in it won't work, but this method works great for this image since there are only a few main colours here.

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened
Assuming you have photoshop. Use the magic wand. Click on the green and it will select all the green. It may take a few clilck to get all the green. First make sure you save a few copies in case of mistakes. Then you can go to the swatches on the right and click on one. There are different ways to apply the color and honestly I do not remember them all. But paint brush will work. And since only the green will be selected you can make the diameter of the brush as large as you want. it will paint only the green or any color you have selected. With the tractor it should be easy because there in no other colors that approximate the color green in the photo. If it does select more than the green you want you can use the quick mask layer to erase or invert it and paint the areas that it may have selected or with the invered quick mask you can paint the parts of the green it missed. It may be oposite with that quick mask layer but play with it and you will see. I always forget myself because I do not use it very often.

But before using the quick mask mode you can play with the tolerances of the magic wand and you may get it to select the green on the tractor only.

Assuming you know where these things are I think you can take it from here.

If you do not know you may want to go to the link supplied. I have never looked at it but I assume it is some sort of tutorial.

If you just wanted someone to do it for you disregard all the giberish above };-)

But if you want the tractor to be pink with the people on it this process will have to be done after the photo has been captured with them on it. But it looks like there are many here that are willing to help so they may do it for you after you shoot that photo with them on the tractor. But I suggest email so you can send the full resolution that your camera caught. And it looks like they do a great job. There are many ways to do it. The easyiest way is to get someone else to do it for you LOL>

Cheers
Daniel

Thanks
David

JohnDeere2.jpg

Last edited:

chanjyj

Enlightened
Assuming you have photoshop. Use the magic wand. Click on the green and it will select all the green. It may take a few clilck to get all the green. First make sure you save a few copies in case of mistakes. Then you can go to the swatches on the right and click on one. There are different ways to apply the color and honestly I do not remember them all. But paint brush will work. And since only the green will be selected you can make the diameter of the brush as large as you want. it will paint only the green or any color you have selected. With the tractor it should be easy because there in no other colors that approximate the color green in the photo. If it does select more than the green you want you can use the quick mask layer to erase or invert it and paint the areas that it may have selected or with the invered quick mask you can paint the parts of the green it missed. It may be oposite with that quick mask layer but play with it and you will see. I always forget myself because I do not use it very often.

But before using the quick mask mode you can play with the tolerances of the magic wand and you may get it to select the green on the tractor only.

Assuming you know where these things are I think you can take it from here.

If you do not know you may want to go to the link supplied. I have never looked at it but I assume it is some sort of tutorial.

If you just wanted someone to do it for you disregard all the giberish above };-)

But if you want the tractor to be pink with the people on it this process will have to be done after the photo has been captured with them on it. But it looks like there are many here that are willing to help so they may do it for you after you shoot that photo with them on the tractor. But I suggest email so you can send the full resolution that your camera caught. And it looks like they do a great job. There are many ways to do it. The easyiest way is to get someone else to do it for you LOL>

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel

As I have mentioned earlier, this photo is fantastic for manipulating the colour channels. There is no need to manually select green areas. A suggestion on my part.

Or you can go to Hue/Saturation, select a narrow channel of green (notice how the tractor's green is in a pretty narrow band and different from the grass?), and just shift the hue.

Voila! No need for extra hard work.

Regards
Chan