Looking for a flashlight with lowest mode

Budda

Enlightened
Hi, I'm looking for a LED flashlight with a really low mode.

I already own:

47quark123^2, with a decent moonlight mode (except that damned pre-flash);

Nitecore D10, low mode is too high, but I like the silent piston drive;

Jetbeam RRT-0, lowest mode too high;

Jetbeam Jet I v3.0, lowest mode too high;

Jetbeam JetIIIM R2, a really good moonlight mode, but it's too big to edc for me.

I need a compact flashlight (not longer than 1x18650 usual length), with a low mode LOWER than the upper flashlights, under 100$.

Any suggestions?

archimedes

Flashaholic

I already own:

(....)

(....)

I need a compact flashlight (not longer than 1x18650 usual length), with a low mode LOWER than the upper flashlights, under 100$.

Any suggestions?

I think my prior reply was lost in the recent database crash, but is your RRT-0 the original version?

The more recent release of this model has the infinitely variable control ring, and can dial output down REALLY low. They advertise 0.003 lumen, and even in the dark, the LED seems to be barely glowing at the lowest setting.

Budda

Enlightened
Ops, seems that all your answers are lost.

Yes, I owned one of the first R2 version.
Now I have one with the infinite output ring, purchased after your advices. Even if really disappointed by details and finish, I got the lowest output possibile.

fl0t

Enlightened
The RRT-0 infinite ramping and the Nitecore IFE2 have the lowest mode I have seen. Much lower than my HDS 170T or the Novatacs.

I think the RRT-0 is small enough to be used as an EDC.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should try one of the Zebralights. I have an SC60, SC51, H51, and an SC30. The lows on each of these is lower or as low as my quarks.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS Clicky's/Rotaries go down to .07/.08 lumens. Much, much dimmer than the "0.2" lumen moon mode on my Quark AA.

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
The Zebralight's go down to 0.2 lumens on L2 setting

Budda

Enlightened
No way. I got a Sc30w, and the lowest mode is pretty much the same of a quark.
HDS systems go lower, but I find that the infinite output ring is a gread idea.
You can choose the right amount of light for ANY task.
Never too much, never too less.

However, I'm experimenting some issues with QC of JB.

AnotherADDiction

Newly Enlightened
My lowest low light is the 'Arnor' head by Milky - unfortunately it is over $100.00
If you can use a flood (and this is a GREAT one) the Quark RGB in moonlight with the red emitter selected is pretty low also.

tbenedict

Enlightened
The Sunwayman V10A and V20A have really captured my attention. According to the review, it goes extremely low. I really like the design and the magnetic ring. If it was $40-50 with a neutral emitter, I bet there would be a few month waiting list....with me on it.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I already own:

47quark123^2, with a decent moonlight mode (except that damned pre-flash);

Nitecore D10, low mode is too high, but I like the silent piston drive;

Jetbeam Jet I v3.0, lowest mode too high;

Jetbeam JetIIIM R2, a really good moonlight mode, but it's too big to edc for me.

Any suggestions?

The two lights that immediately come to mind are the HDS EDC and SureFire T1A Titan (both are out of your price range though). The HDS EDC's 0.07 lumen low will be quite a bit dimmer than the lights you listed and the T1A on it's lowest setting make the HDS EDC look bright!

(Left) T1A lowest setting | (Right) HDS EDC High CRI lowest setting (0.07 lumens)
img7332q.jpg

(Left) HDS EDC High CRI lowest setting (0.07 lumens) | (Right) T1A lowest setting
img7336q.jpg

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Those are great comparison photos!

The T1A low looks a lot like the RRT-0, with just the LED glowing but barely even illuminating the reflector. The tint seems pretty blue, though, compared to the JetBEAM (and the HDS).

afdk

Newly Enlightened
What's with all this lowest mode on flashlights nonsense. I think it's a little goofy. .2 lumen, .5 lumen, I have light with 2 lumen mode and think why would you want any lower than that! Maybe if your a vampire you might need .2 lumen light.

Last edited:

IMightBeWrong

Newly Enlightened
My E1B has 3 modes. One is 110 lumens, one is 15 lumens, and the lowest is 0.00 lumens. Great mode. ;)