Thrunite Neutron 1AA and 2AA 1st impressions -Bitesize!

ruriimasu

Enlightened
After receiving a free 1AA Neutron flashlight from David of Thrunite, a review was the least I could do to offer my thanks. I ordered a 2AA battery compartment to compliment the flashlight. Having no past flashlight review experience, my 1st one will be a short and easy to digest piece. Here goes:

Neutron 1AA - pros
  • Bright turbo mode
  • Very low low mode
  • Good clip design (let's just say the only way the clip's going to detact accidentally is if it broke)
  • Very nice flood pattern
  • Generous accessories (1AA nylon pouch, paracord lanyard, titanium coated clip and o-rings)

Neutron 1AA - cons
  • Large for 1AA size light by today's standard
  • LED die not centered (at least for the one which I received)

Neutron 2AA - pros
  • All above 1AA pros
  • Body size is just about right for a 2AA light

Neutron 2AA - cons
  • Non at the moment

I will be adding onto this post as I discover and use the light more often. Meanwhile, you can leave your questions here and I will try my best to answer :)

JJ

badkarmaiii

Newly Enlightened
I agree with all of the above.
Now that my Neutron 1A takes 17500s, it's in a whole new category.
Thanks, Precisionworks!

-Lee

holygeez03

Enlightened
I wasn't nearly as impressed with the brightness of my 1A with 14500 as I hoped... maybe it was all of the hype and numbers I read about. And I will admit that I am using Trustfire flames and blues, so I am probably not quite getting maximum juice.

I don't like reverse clickies, but that's a personal preference. More objectively, the switch boot is "puffy" and prevents mine from tailstanding and just doesn't feel nice. Also, the interface is very annoying to me since it is way too easy to activate strobe.

I do like the tint, which is very warm... way warmer than my Quark and Zebralight neutrals and even warmer than my H501w.

I'm also not impressed with the build quality, especially with the threads loosened... but I bought the the light solely for its max mode... for everything else, I will be sticking with my Quark Tactical.