New York City residents, I need your help

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
I'll fly to New York in 2 weeks and wonder where I could do a nice "flashaholic shopping trip". Anyone knows where I can get those Goodies from SureFire, ARC, and all the others... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Is there anything I should visit that only Residents know??

Every reply is greatly appreciated!! Reply here or via PM, E-Mail /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you folks!!
Holger

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
For surefire and other goodies, go to New York Ironworks at Park Row near Chinatown.
I see lots of "tourists" go there and see that they have Surefire items. Bought my first Glock there.
My SIL is coming in from Sweden and we're taking her to Montauk, since the season is over.
Enjoy your visit. I think Fall is much better than Spring. Nothing like the first time a fireplace or wood stove gets lit.

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
BlindTiger: I have found their website --->o<--- and this seems like a place I'll have to visit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Anyone knnows a Blackhawk dealer??
Holger

MicroE

Enlightened
I live in NJ and visit NYC every month. I have not found any bargains there because of a lack of competition and EXTREMELY high rents.
The best place to buy your (SF, SL, etc.) goodies is right here at CPF.
I think that you will find it is much cheaper to buy the products at the CPF sponsors and have them ship said goodies to your hotel.
Most of out sponsors can ship overnight to NYC if you are only staying a short time. You can combine orders to save shipping costs.

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
You are surely right about the prices. But looking at it from my point it looks a bit different. I have to pay very hight prices in Europe and those prices of the above linked Shop are surely no bargains but are still a bit lower than I'd have to pay here in Germany /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
On the other hand... I'd love to play around with that stuff a little. In Germany I can only do mail order and can only play with my own goodies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
@MicroE: I've considered buying at an online shop and letting it ship to my Hotel (I'll stay 7 days in the City), but what, if it doesn't work out for some reason??!!
Anyway, when the girls like to go shopping for Clothing in NYC, I will have to look for some flashlights and duty gear. Just for fun!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
Thanks anyway, as mentioned above: Any hint is greatly appreciated!!
Holger

DaveT

Enlightened
You could try Paragon Sporting Goods
867 Broadway at 18th St. They carry Surefire on their Web site, but I don't recall seeing them in their display cases last time I was there. Their prices are generally a bit high, but that might work for you.
Hope that helps
Dave

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
Holger, I understand what you're saying. When I went there I saw lots of tourists looking at the Surefires and I'm thinking it's probably very expensive where their's are.
The have them on display for you to see and feel. I bought my SF e2e there.
TSG, I don't know if they strictly enforce the LEO only to get in. They never bothered me and they sell all the 9/11 tribute items, which again, I see a lot of tourists buying.
Don't forget to visit Chinatown, they need your business.
Have fun.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not snap up whatever you can from B/S/T or post there for items you would like to buy, then ask (very nicely) one of the CPFers from NY if you can use their mailing address, then you guys can meet up and you get all your lights then? I'm sure its not gonna take too much convincing on a CPFer's part to accept the lights on your behalf first...

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave T is right about Paragon Sports on Broadway being a decent place to look around, Surefires, lots of watches and knives (a large number of customs too) and optics. Oh, tons of sporting goods too, skiing, cycling, camping, scuba, climbing etc. Their pricing is rather high but they do have a policy that they will beat any competitors price by 10% (including internet pricing) on merchandise but they reserve the right to limit the quantities of items you can purchase under the policy. All you have to do is show them a recent printout of the item listing on the competitors site.

I have yet to see much in the way of quality tactical gear (Blackhawk, Eagle, SOE, Tactical Tailor, London Trading, etc.) in any of the NYC stores, though. Usually just a hydration pack here, a Mag pouch there type of thing. NYC needs a really good tactical shop, a onestop type shop for good nylon goods, lights accessories etc, most of the "cop shops" that were here when I first moved here have closed down or moved out of Manhattan and Brooklyn and never really offered the good stuff, mostly leather goods like Bianchi or Cobra or cheap nylon.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif