Flashlights that i design :) (Need comments)

hansheng

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!

For the past months i have been trying to design my own flashlight design using autocad and would like to share my design with you guys.

I dont know if the design will suit everyone taste but here is the 5 designs and some interesting information of my design

Let the pic do the talking instead ( i copy them from the ppt slide i made ;x)

Warning:My english might not be perfect and the spec for the flashlight is for referenceonly

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

If the response is good. Im intending to send my design to one of the company like Fenix,solarforce,thrunite,jetbeam,olight,xtar and other brands who is willing to make my dream flashlight came true :grin2:

The heat sink of mine is a whole chunk of aluminium as seen on the second last pic. If you guys have any questions, i will try my best to answer you.

Any idea if i can do a poll on this?

What do you guys think of the designs? good or bad? negative comments is always needed for improvement :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

LeeDeaton

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, Number 3 looks good. Although what this thread really makes me wanna do is go find myself a metal replica lightsaber and throw some 18650's and an XM-L in there...

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
Interesting how you use inches, but have poor english...
So the heatsink is the same chunk of aluminum that makes up the outer head?

hansheng

Newly Enlightened
Interesting how you use inches, but have poor english...
So the heatsink is the same chunk of aluminum that makes up the outer head?

Hey, 1 inch = about 2.6cm, dont worry my english is poor too :)
the heatsink is a part alone, so we have a tailcap, batt tube, heat sink with driver, and lastly the head of the flashlight where the reflecter will be.

and thanks for everyone comments! if there is anything to be improved, i will change it.
do you guys think that flashlight company will accept my design?

Rod911

Enlightened
I like #2, but in neutral please.

The #2 design is what I'm hoping the established manufacturers will produce. I guess if I don't see anything similar (ie. 2/3/4 * 18650 powered, each LED driven at least 3A and at least a tri-LED design), I'll wait for what you come up with.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like lights that are that bright to come on in high. I think low should be first, and ideally, with a memory. Also, I would prefer more of a logarithmic mode spacing. .2, 10, 100, 1000

Potato42

Newly Enlightened
Hey, 1 inch = about 2.6cm

1 inch = 2.54cm so it's closer to 2.5 than 2.6

If you're using 2.6cm an inch for conversion, you're allowing more room for error.

I'm intrigued by #2, but I don't dive so it may not work for me.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Im willing to bet you don't have a lot of machining experience... ;)

But nice designs, keep it up! Are your plans to one day actually build one of these?