Odd New Energizer

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Had some time to kill in Target today and made the mistake of heading down the flashlight aisle. Found an unusual 1AA light with a 2 level white plus a red. The main beam shines through a lens, is kind of funky, and is rated at 40 lumens on high for 4 hours. The low seems to be about half the output, yet is rated at 22 hours. The red just shines through a clear window, is pretty smooth, and is rated at 41 hours. It did fire up on a fairly dead battery. There are separate switches which cancel each other, so you can't have both LEDs burning at the same time.

The clip/stand seems reasonably sturdy, and there's a small set screw to tighten the swivel ball. The stand and screw can be removed.

Not sure how I'll ever use it, but it has potential.

SAM_0831.jpg

Geoff

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had some time to kill in Target today and made the mistake of heading down the flashlight aisle.
Haha, I haven't bought anything yet, all I ever see are those D cell mags and I never pull the trigger. That thing is goofy lookin.

damn_hammer

Enlightened
they've been at the beaver creek target for at least a few weeks. what do you think of the tint? i considered it, but have been on a mostly neutral kick lately.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just a quick follow-up. The light is 2.75 inches long and 1.25 inches at its widest. I'm kind of liking it. The red is bright, uniform, and has decent throw. The white, away from the wall, is fine, with good tint and reasonable throw. Here's another pic that shows the business end and how it looks without the clip/stand.

SAM_0854.jpg

Geoff

RIX TUX

Enlightened
Had some time to kill in Target today and made the mistake of heading down the flashlight aisle. Found an unusual 1AA light with a 2 level white plus a red. The main beam shines through a lens, is kind of funky, and is rated at 40 lumens on high for 4 hours. The low seems to be about half the output, yet is rated at 22 hours. The red just shines through a clear window, is pretty smooth, and is rated at 41 hours. It did fire up on a fairly dead battery. There are separate switches which cancel each other, so you can't have both LEDs burning at the same time.

The clip/stand seems reasonably sturdy, and there's a small set screw to tighten the swivel ball. The stand and screw can be removed.

Not sure how I'll ever use it, but it has potential.

SAM_0831.jpg

Geoff

ANY OTHER COLORS AVAILABLE?

utlgoa

Enlightened
Here's another photo and some info.....

[Hotlinked pic deleted - Kestrel]

Product Description

Energizer ECAP1AAE TrailFinder® 360 LED Cap Light, Green

Energizer has numerous lighting products for the outdoor enthusiast. Our lighting products are rugged and strong while staying lightweight and comfortable to use. Wherever you go, our lighting products are ready to go with you.

Energizer ECAP1AAE TrailFinder® 360 LED Cap Light, Green Features:
• Multiple light modes to provide just the right amount of light needed
• Color LEDs to aid with various outdoor activities
• Dedicated switches allow user to directly access color of light needed
• Large switch pads are easy to access while wearing gloves
• Durable construction to stand up to the outdoor elements
• Compact design to fit in any pack

Product Details and Features

• Manufacturer and Model: Energizer ECAP1AAE
  • Color: Green
  • UPC: 39800104007
  • Oversize: No

Last edited by a moderator:

Imon

Enlightened
There is a handheld version of this light too.

The local Academy Sports have them on clearance around here for $12
After I bought the handheld version I'm not suffciently impressed to buy the clip version .... perhaps if it dropped in price...

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you post a beam-shot for the benefit of the flashlight nuts like my self?

Ditto the request...if getting a beamshot, would you mind measuring the diameter of the beam, and recording distance from light to wall? Then can calculate beam angle.

ericjohn

Enlightened
a year and several months ago i saw these at target. i think they still carry these lights. there is also a 2AA version of it as well. never tried it as i am more into pr bulb flashlights. cannot wait for target to carry the mini maglite pro. that will be my last flashlight for a while (actually i told my wife that it is what i want for christmas.) i noticed that the buttons on this energizer light are very hard to push. really uncomfortable on the thumbs.

ALW248

Newly Enlightened
i noticed that the buttons on this energizer light are very hard to push. really uncomfortable on the thumbs.

The red button is difficult. But the white button should be very easy. The key is to push on the front point of the button, not the middle.

The good thing about the light is that it can sit on flat surface, or clip to something, and point to the wanted direction hands free.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I really liked the swivel head on this little guy. The clip didn't allow it to sit far enough back on the brim of my helmut so I pulled the clip off and riveted it to the brim. I like being able to swing it down flat and out of the way, yet tip it out over the end of the brim when needed. I think that it worked out pretty well.

poppy-albums-misc-picture3107-energizer-cap-light.jpg

poppy-albums-misc-picture3108-energizer-cap-light-2.jpg

Last edited: