Regulated AA for keychain?

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
Want to get my niece a AA light for graduation. Which AA lights, if any, are regulated? Not worried about cost, something spectaultor is what I have in mind.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Hobbs ,

The 4Sevens "Aluminum" Quark Mini AA makes for a good 3level Key-chain light.

I just wish they had a larger hole for the split/ring connector .(it's very tiny)

There is an extensive "review of the Quark Mini's" showing their regulation .

It's about as Light-weight and short as you can get for "AA" lights.

It has appropriate knurling to manipulate the settings one-handed and a smooth useful beam.

~

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
~

Hobbs ,

The 4Sevens "Aluminum" Quark Mini AA makes for a good 3level Key-chain light.

I just wish they had a larger hole for the split/ring connector .(it's very tiny)

There is an extensive "review of the Quark Mini's" showing their regulation .

It's about as Light-weight and short as you can get for "AA" lights.

It has appropriate knurling to manipulate the settings one-handed and a smooth useful beam.

~

Already have a Mini AA, see my signature. Looking for something nicer as a gift. Besides, after my Mini 123 experience, no more Quarks for me!

radu1976

Enlightened
There are many 1 x AA flashlights which run in regulation with a NiMH battery - the alkies are not good for that -
But as it has already been mentioned , ITP A2 / MARATAC AA / QUARK mini AA are maybe the best - they run for 3.5hrs in good regulation with one Lithium AA , less with a Ni-MH rechargeable - And that on MAX level , but the MID mode will be mostly of the time enough for the general use .

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already have a Mini AA, see my signature. Looking for something nicer as a gift. Besides, after my Mini 123 experience, no more Quarks for me!

Some more:
Fenix LD15
Nitecore EZ AA
Jetbeam E3S (heavy?)
Jetbeam PA01
Jetbeam BK135A (discontinued)
DST TLR
Go custom

Last edited: